Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  78
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default The most salmon in a year

The wife was given me a hard to cause I caught so little this year mind you it the same most years. A caught plenty trout whites and browns but no salmon. I don't get many samlmon anyway, maybe 1 or two a year. Don't fish to much. Got me think about how other boys do. My best year 9 salmon.

How many salmon did you catch on ur best year? Spinning fly work etc

Maybe I can shows the wife some of the replays. I canny be only one

My best year was 2011 when I hooked and landed six salmon. I also had several more takes that year but the fish self released before I could land them.

I think I have done well if I manage a fish in a season, I have had one so far this year.

Every salmon I have caught has been on fly.

Default salmon

The year of the foot and mouth i had forty ,fourteen from the ericht and twenty six from the isla. Ive had two this season both licers.
    Last edited by stormrook; 24-10-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Most I've had in a season is 11
    I've only managed 1 this season and lost 2 so far.

Seasons 2010 (22) 2011 (22) 2012 (23)
    2013,14 disaster
    and 19 this year
    To add in the season 2012 I lost 19 in a row!!!!! An that was proper fish on not just on and off pulls the run ended with a 7lbr on one cast and a 6lb pike on the next both on a size 10 cascade lol
    Last edited by wormo; 24-10-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    (Mergus merganser) the end of life as we know it......

Best for me? 1 salmon a year. But makes me think. Have I ever gone a season without catching. Yes I have but I only get out a few days a year so its likely.

A good question and one I've pondered myself. Have often wondered how I fare among the masses as the articles you read are all about people catching several a day or double figures in a week.

I catch plenty of trout and grayling but am happy just not to have a blank season for salmon.

I've topped 200 trout and grayling several times and not caught less than 100 since 1998. This year has been a good one with 8 rainbows, 149 browns and 115 grayling (so far).

Fortunately, I've not had a blank season for salmon since I caught my first and average 4-5 a season. My best has been 10 (in 24 outings). This year I've had 4 salmon and 13 sea-trout (20 outings). I've been fortunate enough to have caught 3 British salmon in a day on two occasions.

Hoping to add to the salmon total on the Nith next week.

Default 19 in a row.....

Jeez Wormo... You def pee'd off the Gods loosing 19 in a row !!!!!!
    That must have been devastating... Good for you for staying at it, I think I'd have been in alongside the fishes

Default Catching

I couldn't care if I didn't catch again it's called fishing and a fish is a bonus

Up into the late noughties would average 50 a year. Looked back my diary to check this, then it kinda went 28, 19, 11 and then grim. Had 4 last year, 3 this....just hoping that the 3 days fishing I have left this season improves this a bit.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast