Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    MIK Guest

Default dead double figure sea trout

img_0212-jpg
    My young lad found this dead sea trout while we were fishing on Kinnaber on Saturday length 32" and a very deep fish I recon about 12lb ....just shows you that there are some big sea trout about and its a real shame a fish like this didnt mange to pass on its genes up the Glen somewhere

It's a big sea-trout an as you say it's ashame it didnae get to spawn again bt it's probably
    passed on its genes quite a few times already

Shame! Looks like a hen fish full of eggs
    If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk....if you want to be happy for life, go fishing.

One of the biggest fish I have ever seen was found dead by the then legendary Ernie Mann from Forfar on the South Esk about 50 years ago ( I was only a boy then). It had been dead for a few days but from memory weighed 42lbs. Whether it had been played to a standstill and lost by some angler or just died we will never know. I do know that I hooked a fish this year on the Dee that was the most powerful fish I have ever felt. It got off after a couple of minutes but it dragged me downstream for about 50 meters and took off almost 200 meters of backing. Was it 30, 40 or 50lb we will never know but I will remember it. The biggest fish always have the best chance of getting away against anglers.

Is it a sea trout? Hard to tell from the pic but it maybe a repeat spawning salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    Is it a sea trout? Hard to tell from the pic but it maybe a repeat spawning salmon
    or a farmer???

Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    The eye is set further back than the mouth and the tail looks too square to be a salmon. Looks like a few spots below the lateral line too. I'd say trout. Definitely looks like a hen.

Definitely a hen sea trout.

Looks a similar size to this one I caught

image-jpg

Sorry . Couldn't resist
    Last edited by RB34; 19-10-2015 at 06:17 PM.

you did well to land that, with 3 fingers on each hand, gripping the reel must be a struggle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast