Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default river avon, banffshire

Does anyone know if kylnadrochit lodge still have water on the avon, I have phoned the lodge and left messages etc but no replies.

I've done the same over the last 5 years. Are they permanently ******?

To be fair, i think there have been some major changes up from Ballindalloch to Tomintoul but getting information is friggin' hard!

Default avon

yes it must be 5 years I,ve been trying of and on, you would think somebody would pick up, I used to fish their in the eighties mrs van holten ran the fishing then and we stopped at the lodge, great times and lovely water, heard the whole river has gone fly only?

Default Avon info

Try this link from Fishpal, you will get some info under the Avon section.

Default avon

thanks for replies, kylnadrochit water started bottom of tomintoul stretch, and finished at start of Richmond hotel water, not listed on fishpal site

Quote Originally Posted by shawcy View Post
    yes it must be 5 years I,ve been trying of and on, you would think somebody would pick up, I used to fish their in the eighties mrs van holten ran the fishing then and we stopped at the lodge, great times and lovely water, heard the whole river has gone fly only?
    As far as I'm aware no it hasn't. Ballindalloch is fly only and the bit they share with the other bank is too. Every where else I think is still worm fly and spinner until you get to Inchrory Lodge (Glenavon) which is most certainly fly only.