Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default river orkel and cassley

has anyone fished these rivers and r they good? I'm up near them for a week in july and I'm thinking of booking some fishing ty for anyone who can help.oh and choice of flies pools etc. and in your opinion is it worth 90 pound a day.

Lower oykel fabulous, but you won't fish it for 90 quid. Upper also very good if you get water. Never fished Cassley, but has great reputation.

Top class rivers if you can get on and get the water. No water is a total disaster up there.

Day ticket on the Lower Shin should have guaranteed water due to the ongoing works of the hydro and within your budget.
    To one who has roved on the mountains afar
    Oh! For the crags that are wild and magestic
    The steep frowning glories of dark Lochnagar.

Default ty

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Lower oykel fabulous, but you won't fish it for 90 quid. Upper also very good if you get water. Never fished Cassley, but has great reputation.
    6 days on the estate below the falls on river cassley 500 quid ty for your help guys

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    6 days on the estate below the falls on river cassley 500 quid ty for your help guys
    I'm surprised that Donald has any availability at Rosehall next season given the bumper returns (not for quantity but quality big fish) this July.
    The river was strange this year but in a normal season Rosehall is considered a spring beat and once the water warms up and appears in quantity around June time the runs stream over the falls into the glen beyond leaving Rosehall a quieter place.
    All the Kyle rivers except the Oykell experienced fish that did not appear to want to leave the Kyle this season. Very strange.
    Respect My Authorita!!