Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Fish river Teith

Got 3 days spare next week and desperately need wet a line, however I am concerned by the lack of water.

A away as I'm staying near Edinburgh I am thinking to fish the Teith.

Please does anyone have any info on where to fish on the Teith.

Hi, Look up Angling Active website and access the magazine page this will give you access to the R.Teith permit prices and pools.You can purchase your permit from Angling Active at the cattle market on the road to Callander,Angling Active is located on the right hand side of the road past Dobbies garden centre of the M9. Hope this helps and "tight lines".

With forecast the way it is I'd save your money and travel time. Just been down for a look near Doune and was up a few inches but will drop back quickly. You'd be better with a day on the Tay somewhere.

Agree with Fergie, not enough water in the Teeth and no rain forecast.

Many thanks, the water issue is my main concern at moment, going hold on till Sunday see if anything changes, doing the rain dance as we speak, but ain't holding my breath.

Perhaps the Tay system as has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsmac1 View Post
    Many thanks, the water issue is my main concern at moment, going hold on till Sunday see if anything changes, doing the rain dance as we speak, but ain't holding my breath.

Perhaps the Tay system as has been mentioned.
    Lower Farleyer has rods available next week for a similar price that u would pay on the Teith.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    Lower Farleyer has rods available next week for a similar price that u would pay on the Teith.
    I may try this beat next week any info on it would be aprecated as im going up loch earn and the tay for a night as part of ma end of season trip.

usualy get up hear more but just not had the time this year. Is the value of 55 pound worth the fishing tho i dont no this bit well but as a kid my holidays were aberfeldy caravan park and i only fished for trout then as a wee boy but i vagly remember never seeing anyone els fishing apart from one old boy that always fished rite at end of caravan park with worms lol and dont remember seeing any big fish jumping

considering the loch permits 5 quid u could realistly fish the loch at the mouths of the dochart and orchy or ma secret wee spot on the loch that il be at that does have salmon at it so my grandad said and have a chance of a fish. need to think about it as im also visiting the allan and the clyde next week as well as all ma exchange permits from ma own club desprate for a salmon lol cant wait haha

Hi stuart if u are planning for an end of season salmon, i would recommend a lower beat if the waters been low for a while, as any upper beats could tend to hold hold coloured fish,

Aa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by allan angler View Post
    Hi stuart if u are planning for an end of season salmon, i would recommend a lower beat if the waters been low for a while, as any upper beats could tend to hold hold coloured fish,

Aa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kl thanks aa going to probs be down Monday was acto thinking with the rain yest i was going to fish allan beat 2 kinkle bridge and the area around mukle burn found beat 1 hard to navagate in the lower parts last time i was down and with the hope that some fish had made way up but now youv thinking about a day ticket for the fourth/teeth council beat now ( typical take 2 weeks aff wrok and its to be dry till atleast next monday)