Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Default Fishery for sale

I see bakers on the moy is for sale for 500000 maybe we should organise a sff syndicate to buy it a euro a share.never fished it myself has anyone been on it

Its 100k rather than 500k

For Auction -

Even better, €10 a share and we only need 10000 of us. Wonder how the rod rotation sorts out between 10000?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Piker20 View Post
    Even better, €10 a share and we only need 10000 of us. Wonder how the rod rotation sorts out between 10000?
    €100 a share and you might even get a throw on it
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —George W Bush, Sept. 29 2000.

I know this thread is slightly tongue in cheek but I think a SFF syndicate is a great idea. Someone make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    I know this thread is slightly tongue in cheek but I think a SFF syndicate is a great idea. Someone make it happen!
    I've a bit of time on my hands and this is a great idea. Anyone interested just send me a cheque for £500 and I'll look after everything.

It's on daft.ie for 500000 maybe that's why it's called daft 100 of us at 1000 each would it be manageable any accountants out there

Quote Originally Posted by Al1978 View Post
    It's on daft.ie for 500000 maybe that's why it's called daft 100 of us at 1000 each would it be manageable any accountants out there
    Sounds more likely at E500k although it would be a bit of a risk for outsiders to get too involved I think?
    I would have thought the vendors would have been looking for much more but maybe just being realistic as it is a prolific enough bit of water albeit it doesn't rank as the prettiest of beats with huge dredged banks and little current.
    The Foxford Fishery - Rates & Offers
    I used to go to Foxford and fish the single bank which is the lower part of the beat. You have to walk down the main beat which was supposed to be exclusive to those paying the high rates to fish it but was choked with locals fishing worms and prawns on huge bungs that hardly drifted due to the lack of current.
    That was many years ago and maybe things have changed but at that time it would have been difficult enough to get a let so if that is still the case you would rip anyone's arm off at E100k if you consider the cost of lets attached in the link.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    Sounds more likely at E500k although it would be a bit of a risk for outsiders to get too involved I think?
    I would have thought the vendors would have been looking for much more but maybe just being realistic as it is a prolific enough bit of water albeit it doesn't rank as the prettiest of beats with huge dredged banks and little current.
    The Foxford Fishery - Rates & Offers
    I used to go to Foxford and fish the single bank which is the lower part of the beat. You have to walk down the main beat which was supposed to be exclusive to those paying the high rates to fish it but was choked with locals fishing worms and prawns on huge bungs that hardly drifted due to the lack of current.
    That was many years ago and maybe things have changed but at that time it would have been difficult enough to get a let so if that is still the case you would rip anyone's arm off at E100k if you consider the cost of lets attached in the link.
    Keirstream, I think that you are mixing up the Foxford Fishery, currently owned by Mr. Cahill with Bakers, aka The Foxford Rocks fishery currently owned by Mr. Charles Baker.
    In the mid nineties Bakers fishery was divided in two, with the current Foxford Fishery section being sold to Mr. Cahill and the upper section retained by Mr. Baker, this being the section currently up for sale.

I'm not adding any fuel to the fire, but I know that there are some 'local' issues at hand regarding claimed access to portions of this fishery.
    It may get complicated....

On a different note; this beat has fantastic fly water but fish dont lie in it. Numerous groynes were dug in the late nineties and created great water but for some reason the fish wont lie there, possibly too much of a push of water running through it.
    It you meet a pod of running fish then this beat will produce; outside of that it can be difficult.