Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Andy Murray Casting Clinic - today (and it's free)

The Crieff AC is fortunate to have Andy Murray (professional casting instructor and fishing guide on the River Tweed) coming to give demonstrations and offer tuition including tips on choice of flies etc. Andy will have a selection of Loomis rods and reels for people to try out and will also demonstrate Tweed Style spinning. Light refreshments will be available. All are welcome (including non-members). The event is FREE and will take place at Dornoch (ample parking) today, Sun 20 Sep (10.00 a.m. 3.00 p.m.). Please come along and support Andy.

This has been on the Earn page for a while but posting here too incase others have missed it.

A great day out. Andy has a great manner and goes out of his way to help.
    Bob

unfortnatley i cant make it up .
    hope its a decent turn out for andy and the weather looks decent for it too.

Default Tweed style spinning?

Please excuse.... but 'Tweed style spinning' what is this?
    "Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence"

Could be when you get dressed in the proper attire before oiking out your flying C?

Default Tweed-style spinning

This term puzzles me too, although I do remember reading somewhere of the use of 13 cm rapalas. But generally I think this kind of terminology is baffling and not very helpful. You may of course adopt varying spinning styles, dependent on your lure, but to suggest that there is a "Tweed-style" - well, that's a new one on me. What can it possibly mean, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Invermarnoch View Post
    This term puzzles me too, although I do remember reading somewhere of the use of 13 cm rapalas. But generally I think this kind of terminology is baffling and not very helpful. You may of course adopt varying spinning styles, dependent on your lure, but to suggest that there is a "Tweed-style" - well, that's a new one on me. What can it possibly mean, I wonder?
    No doubt someone who attended will soon enlighten us......my money is on a 50 lb leader, 2 large trebles and an ounce of lead

and I thought Andy Murray played tennis in the davis cup, must be multi tasking
    Last edited by longboots; 20-09-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmy View Post
    No doubt someone who attended will soon enlighten us......my money is on a 50 lb leader, 2 large trebles and an ounce of lead
    Now that to was a art back in the day over around this neck of the woods...
    Wire wormming... Lost its way when wet cell 2 line came out... Thank god...
    "Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence"

Quote Originally Posted by Invermarnoch View Post
    I asked this question last week on the spinning thread am still waiting for a sensible reply, that didn't involve large trebles & a heavy weight 😁, please someone put me out my misery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast