Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Airflo sight free G3

Anyone used this fluorocarbon it's on offer 2 for 1 Angling active I've always used seaguar but thought I'd give this a shot

Has always worked fine for me. I moved away from Seagaur because of the high prices.

Cheers I've just ordered, hope I connect with something before the end to try it out.

Sorry, only just saw this. It's awful stuff to tie knots in. So bad that I binned mine and reverted to Seagur. Good luck.

Been using it for years never had any problems with it

tried and hated it,wasnt comfortable with the knots,they dont seem to bed down as nice as other fluro

have used it for about 10 years in 15lb and never let me down until now, they changed the spool packaging on the spools I think last year and the new spools are dreadful almost as if 6lb bs has been labelled as 15lb. the stuff on the old spools (all blue) was great

I use it for trout and it does an OK job. I have never seen it in a suitable breaking strain/diameter to consider using it for salmon regularly?

The heaviest size I have seen is 15lbs BS/0.28mm which is too fine for the majority of my salmon fishing. I rarely drop below 0.30mm(equivalent to 10lbs maxima) or more typically 0.33mm which is 19lbs Seaguar.

It came this morn in 15lb seems quite pliable and passed the knot test on dry land, I'll give it a go with small flies on the cree week after next,

Rain permitting

I've used G3 for trout on and off and its ok. I don't use flouro for salmon anymore as I can't see the point and I have had too many flies crack off (bad casting I know) with it, including seaguar , that I don't trust it. A far better mono in my opinion and far better value is Yo-Zuri Hybrid as I have mentioned before on these threads. It is a flouro coated nylon and is very reliable, good with knots and breaks well over the stated bs unlike many others. It is not ultra fine, in fact it compares with Maxima with diameters to bs. It comes in 250yd spools at very reasonable prices. Not the easiest to source but as long as I can get it I won't be changing to anything else.

SP8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast