Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Scottish rod license?

This is the Scottish government poll tax on fishing in Scotland, and will destroy fishing in Scotland.The rod tax is just to raise money for the government,and add additional cost to the working class angler, who will have to purchase the license, before he can get his permit, in some cases this will double and even treble the cost of his fishing, and if he course fishes that will be another license.to purchase. most of the revenue,will probably go in administration leaving precious little for any improvements for the angler. Eg a friend of mine whilst on holiday in Ireland was expecting to pay 25 euros for a days fishing only to be told he had to pay an additional 40 euros for a license, ridiculous!
    Last edited by duff angler; 10-10-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: To clarify my first statement

Quote Originally Posted by duff angler View Post
    This is the Scottish government poll tax on fishing in Scotland, and will destroy fishing in Scotland.
    A rod license hasn't 'destroyed' fishing in the rest of the UK and Ireland so I'm not sure how it will do so in Scotland?
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

If there is a licence fee to the anglers, how does that effect the beat owners or does there situation stay the same ?

I think the point made by JS is a very good one so why do you think it will destroy fishing in Scotland?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by glenelg100 View Post
    If there is a licence fee to the anglers, how does that effect the beat owners or does there situation stay the same ?
    I suspect it will be a bit like having a shotgun licence with regard to the beat owner. you will need permission to fish and a rod licence to be able to fish

Another Tax.
    Like the plastic bag situation where has the cash gone.
    Rod licence will raise a substantial addition of cash into the country(Scotland ) but who is going to benefit.

Have I missed something? I thought that you would only require a license if you intended to kill salmon?

This is very different from a rod license, like we have here, where we require it before fishing for any fresh water species, including rainbows in stockie ponds. We require a license to fish for game species and a different license again to fish for coarse species if you are that way inclined.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

A rod license 'should' make the authorities a little more accountable also.
    Why do you think the default answer is 'the problem is at sea' here in England!

Quote Originally Posted by THOMASG1947 View Post
    Another Tax.
    Like the plastic bag situation where has the cash gone.
    Rod licence will raise a substantial addition of cash into the country(Scotland ) but who is going to benefit.
    The "plastic bag situation" cash mostly goes to good causes/charities......Perhaps some angler south of the border can enlighten us as to what happens to rod licence monies collected. I assume it goes to the EA south of the border??

Quote Originally Posted by fly guy View Post
    The "plastic bag situation" cash mostly goes to good causes/charities......Perhaps some angler south of the border can enlighten us as to what happens to rod licence monies collected. I assume it goes to the EA south of the border??
    Here you go !!
    https://environmentagency.blog.gov.u...ence-money-go/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast