Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Default What do i use to attach a swivel to a bouncing betty tube?

    I have some bettys that i need to put a new swivel in the plastic tubing. I am unsure what will hold them securely in place.
    I think some type of silicone but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would help..Cheers
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 13-09-2015 at 06:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at
    Posts
    8,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    I have some bettys that i need to put a new swivel in the plastic tubing. I am unsure what will hold them securely in place.
    I think some type of silicone but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would help..Cheers
    Araldite but by the time you've messed about with the swivels and glueing them in getting your fingers all gunked up in the process it'll be alot easier just to buy them..
    Last edited by simon grace; 13-09-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for the tip...I do get that however i have 30 or so 2oz plus so not easiest to find . They have a raw plug and split ring currently so need changing.
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 13-09-2015 at 07:15 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    up to ma tits in water on the ayr
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    I push the swivel barrel well down into tubing and tie a nail knott or similar using nylon(10lbs)to constrict the tubing stopping the barrel pulling back out thus only leaving the ring end sticking out of the end
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cambridgeshire Fenland
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    Thanks for the tip...I do get that however i have 30 or so 2oz plus so not easiest to find . They have a raw plug and split ring currently so need changing.
    I started my salmon fishing as a lad worming with a running bullet / lobworm - about 50 years ago !!!

    So, just confused as to why anyone would need to own 30 Bouncing Betties.....something I haven't used. But why 30 ?????

    Help me out here Hairy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    BURGH WATERS DUMFRIES
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stockybasher View Post
    I started my salmon fishing as a lad worming with a running bullet / lobworm - about 50 years ago !!!

    So, just confused as to why anyone would need to own 30 Bouncing Betties.....something I haven't used. But why 30 ?????

    Help me out here Hairy
    different flows different weights stocky fast water 30g like in a spate deep slow pool 10g same almost as a floating devon which i use the bouncing betties

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    clitheroe lancs
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Hot glue gun, quick and easy.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stockybasher View Post
    I started my salmon fishing as a lad worming with a running bullet / lobworm - about 50 years ago !!!

    So, just confused as to why anyone would need to own 30 Bouncing Betties.....something I haven't used. But why 30 ?????

    Help me out here Hairy
    Mainly because i got them cheap as a job lot but for lower tay anything from 1 oz to 3 oz plus required.. And to be used with floating devon...
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 13-09-2015 at 11:10 PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Can't you just use snap link swivels onto the split ring - that's what I do with mine for bass fishing? Then it's quick to change

    Tight lines

    Richard

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arbeg haze or River Tay
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Clear silicone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •