Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do i use to attach a swivel to a bouncing betty tube?

I have some bettys that i need to put a new swivel in the plastic tubing. I am unsure what will hold them securely in place.
    I think some type of silicone but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would help..Cheers
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 13-09-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    I have some bettys that i need to put a new swivel in the plastic tubing. I am unsure what will hold them securely in place.
    I think some type of silicone but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would help..Cheers
    Araldite but by the time you've messed about with the swivels and glueing them in getting your fingers all gunked up in the process it'll be alot easier just to buy them..
    Last edited by simon grace; 13-09-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Thanks for the tip...I do get that however i have 30 or so 2oz plus so not easiest to find . They have a raw plug and split ring currently so need changing.
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 13-09-2015 at 07:15 PM.

I push the swivel barrel well down into tubing and tie a nail knott or similar using nylon(10lbs)to constrict the tubing stopping the barrel pulling back out thus only leaving the ring end sticking out of the end
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    Thanks for the tip...I do get that however i have 30 or so 2oz plus so not easiest to find . They have a raw plug and split ring currently so need changing.
    I started my salmon fishing as a lad worming with a running bullet / lobworm - about 50 years ago !!!

So, just confused as to why anyone would need to own 30 Bouncing Betties.....something I haven't used. But why 30 ?????

Help me out here Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by Stockybasher View Post
    I started my salmon fishing as a lad worming with a running bullet / lobworm - about 50 years ago !!!

So, just confused as to why anyone would need to own 30 Bouncing Betties.....something I haven't used. But why 30 ?????

Help me out here Hairy
    different flows different weights stocky fast water 30g like in a spate deep slow pool 10g same almost as a floating devon which i use the bouncing betties

Hot glue gun, quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockybasher View Post

Help me out here Hairy
    Mainly because i got them cheap as a job lot but for lower tay anything from 1 oz to 3 oz plus required.. And to be used with floating devon...
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 13-09-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Can't you just use snap link swivels onto the split ring - that's what I do with mine for bass fishing? Then it's quick to change

Tight lines

Richard

Clear silicone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast