Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    stanley co durham
    Posts
    414

    Default hardy sirrus 13ft users

    right then.im using a 13 footer rated #9,(with a double taper on it).met a guy on the river on monday who said i should get a spey line as it would make casting a lot more effortless,must admit im starting to ache after a hard day(probably age).what would you more modern fishermen recommend.i would still like a full line not those multi tip jobbies.
    cheers boys.

  2. #2

    Default

    Daventus,

    I use a hardy mach 55ft head floater on mine and its a pleasure to fish with.
    I also use a John Norris 9/10 fast intermediate shooting head on it and it
    Flies out, great lines at a bargain price.

  3. #3

    Default

    Afs hover and use poly leaders or versi leaders on it or if you want a floater afs outbound with leaders.
    Last edited by Cumbrian rivers; 02-09-2015 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    stanley co durham
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian rivers View Post
    Afs hover and use poly leaders or versi leaders on it or if you want a floater afs outbound with leaders.
    dont like them polyleaders,nylon all the way through

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Tyne
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian rivers View Post
    Afs hover and use poly leaders or versi leaders on it or if you want a floater afs outbound with leaders.
    Defo
    "Go easy...step tight...stay free".

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    stanley co durham
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirriusman View Post
    Daventus,

    I use a hardy mach 55ft head floater on mine and its a pleasure to fish with.
    I also use a John Norris 9/10 fast intermediate shooting head on it and it
    Flies out, great lines at a bargain price.
    would that be a no9,and would a 65ft head be ok(i found a hardy cheap)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    A 55' will be a better bet on a 13' rod.

    If you want to try the idea at low cost, Norris do Spey lines as well as shooting heads
    http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/shop/ty_...ines-9064.html

  8. #8

    Default

    Yey would agree a 55ft head would suit the rod better.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Makemland
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daventus View Post
    right then.im using a 13 footer rated #9,(with a double taper on it).met a guy on the river on monday who said i should get a spey line as it would make casting a lot more effortless,must admit im starting to ache after a hard day(probably age).what would you more modern fishermen recommend.i would still like a full line not those multi tip jobbies.
    cheers boys.
    For a lot of the pools on the Wear where the casting space can be quite tight, a short Scandi line would be better.
    I use a 34ft, 34 grain 9# head with Poly leaders on a 13-1/2 ft rod and it covers everywhere i fish on the river in all heights of water.
    From very tight tree lined pools with high banks to more open ones where a bit of distance is needed.If you don,t want a separate head. have a look at the the Barrio ISS Spey.
    When we do "eventually" get some water in,have a look down Durham as i will usually be there and you can have a go of my set up.
    This is my fishing rod!.
    There are many like it but this one is mine.
    Without me,my rod is useless!.
    Without my rod,i am useless!.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    stanley co durham
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEbody View Post
    A 55' will be a better bet on a 13' rod.

    If you want to try the idea at low cost, Norris do Spey lines as well as shooting heads
    http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/shop/ty_...ines-9064.html
    will give it a try.
    ta very much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •