Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Switch Rods 5 piece or more

Hi Guys

I have delved into the world of Switch Rods this year and wasn`t fully aware of how much of a mine field it is out there,,having said that i done a lot of home work, in fact a shed load of home work,i spent hours researching this line and that line,all about grains,grams,heads,skagit,scandi, what more could i possibly do ,,as it turns out im only scratching the surface but still i decided check out as many rods as possible for the given lines on the market that suited my budget and so i opted to buy a Shakey EXP 11ft and must say its nice,it really does do what it says on the tin without the expense of the other brands however i am now contemplating digging a tad deeper and buying decent Switch Rod. What Rod would you suggest on a budget of 300 or there abouts ? i could probably stretch it a bit if the right Rod suited me,,

Most importantly apart from budget is it ""MUST"" be a 5 piece or more for travelling purposes,,i prefer 11ft rods and also i nearly always tend to opt for Fast Action rods,almost everything i have ever bought has been a fast action albeit they have been trout rods at 9"6 and 10ft and the odd 10 and a half ft rod..

I`m already kitted out with a nice reel and Airflow running line,i have a couple of Heads ie Skagit 450gram,,Scandi 400gram,,i have the MowTips (medium weight) full set of 6 from floating to 12.5 ft of sinking,,also a range of Versi Leaders about 8 in all 4@6ft and 4@10ft in various sink rates...

Thanks in advance

CORONA

Have a look at Bloke 11ft 3in, 8/9wt, mine is 4 piece, but they may do 6? Certainly ticks the fast action box, throws a SH miles, and is great to play decent size fish, plenty of backbone when needed, but a tad over gunned for grilse, great rod.
    peter

Iv`e actually just spotted the Guideline LXi 5 piece but its 479,,a lot of money for me at the moment i`d need to think really hard about something in that price range and do a bit more looking around, although reading reviews good or bad says nothing about a Rod until its in your hand and being able to cast with it, however i will check out the Bloke rod.. Thanks

CORONA

Another vote for the Bloke 11'3'' 7/8 well happy with mine which is unfortunatly 4 piece, but not long when packed down in it's case. Had salmon to 18lb on it and Sea trout down to 2 lb and up to 10lb.
    Everything comes to those who wait.

You will get a Guideline LPXE for about 350 if you shop around.

give SKB Chris a shout. I have the SKB switch rod and its a fine, fine rod...and at a very good price...

We have some - give us a ring on 07836282711