Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,733

    Default Tweed beat for sale ?

    I notice in T&S there is a lower tweed beat for sale...

    its not my favourite beat ( Horncliffe ) is it ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cambridgeshire Fenland
    Posts
    1,047

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    classic

    The sellers currently employ a full-time boatman – or ‘ghillie’ – to carry out repairs to the beat, boats and a small fishing hutch which is equipped with wood and gas fires, a small refrigerator and gas cooking ring as well as barbecue facilities.

    Buyers are expected to take on the boatman who has worked Horncliffe since 2002

    If I had the money I would buy the beat just so I could sack him...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Morpeth, Northumberland
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Over 30 yrs @ 50k per year, that's £210 per day this beat has to generate to make the payments. Aug-Sept-Oct over 6 rods could do 43k which leaves 7 months of the season to make 7k. Wages and running costs on top 20K ? God I am talking myself into buying it...sounds cheap.





    Can anyone lend me 1.34mill?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Eglinton
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Maybe we could go halfers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    west highlands
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piker View Post
    classic

    The sellers currently employ a full-time boatman – or ‘ghillie’ – to carry out repairs to the beat, boats and a small fishing hutch which is equipped with wood and gas fires, a small refrigerator and gas cooking ring as well as barbecue facilities.

    Buyers are expected to take on the boatman who has worked Horncliffe since 2002

    If I had the money I would buy the beat just so I could sack him...
    Having had a similar friction problem with a beat on the north Esk, which after fifteen years tenancy,reluctantly dropped two years ago.
    I've been through the :got to land a salmon
    :got to land the most salmon.
    :got to land the biggest salmon.
    And now have settled into: enjoy catching a salmon on my own terms, fun.
    When a ghillie is a problem and you have informed the employer and he has ignored the complaint,,,,, by, by...... there are loads of beats out there .
    Last edited by Jack Holroyd; 01-09-2015 at 06:25 PM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckynotgood View Post
    Over 30 yrs @ 50k per year, that's £210 per day this beat has to generate to make the payments. Aug-Sept-Oct over 6 rods could do 43k which leaves 7 months of the season to make 7k. Wages and running costs on top 20K ? God I am talking myself into buying it...sounds cheap.





    Can anyone lend me 1.34mill?
    You not planning on paying any levy to the RTC? Lol
    “Some people take offense like it's a limited time offer.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    BURGH WATERS DUMFRIES
    Posts
    1,774

    Default Horncliffe

    If the euromillions come in ill chip in lads

  9. #9

    Default

    I think if I was to be in a position of buying the beat, I might be tempted to wait until next year when 2010's bumper catch was scrubbed off the 5ya... 😏
    “Some people take offense like it's a limited time offer.”

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Morpeth, Northumberland
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waltham and Dritness View Post
    You not planning on paying any levy to the RTC? Lol
    ******! only accounted for a crappy old van, a tin of paint for the boats and a wage of sorts for the ghillie. 200 fish beat....is the levy £100 per fish....simple, no reported catch and pure C&R....have ghillie knock them off in the water, still counts as caught.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •