Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  68
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad

Default Sad

All joking aside , I'm already feeling quite low after the sorry excuse for a summer that we've experienced in the northern parts of the country.

Seasonal affective disorder - NHS Choices
    Last edited by ibm59; 30-08-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    All joking aside , I'm already feeling quite low after the sorry excuse for a summer that we've experienced in the northern parts of the country.

Seasonal affective disorder - NHS Choices
    I get severe SADness in dec,jan and feb cause its close season so thats why i get really blue

Quote Originally Posted by SOLWAYSALMO View Post
    I get severe SADness in dec,jan and feb cause its close season so thats why i get really blue
    I know the perfect cure for your winter blues solwaysalmo, go grayling fishing

Default weather

Im deeply depressed ive to force myself onto a plane in a week and half's time to go Tarpon/Bone fishing for three weeks on a small island off Cuba .Cant think how ill feel going away from this weather here

This time of year through to the end of January are my favourite months.
    Maybe you need to broaden your horizons Brian.
    Get yourself a dog and a gun!!☺
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    Get yourself a dog and a gun!!☺
    I've had the guns , Simon , and you know very well that a dog's oot the question.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    I've had the guns , Simon , and you know very well that a dog's oot the question.
    Well yes I suppose it is but how about some beating on a shoot.Its just another dimension to the world of fieldsports.
    Its a good craic,keeps you fit and active & you get paid for it!!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    Well yes I suppose it is but how about some beating on a shoot.Its just another dimension to the world of fieldsports.
    Its a good craic,keeps you fit and active & you get paid for it!!
    Aye it's real good fun pushing through wet rhododendrons on a cold day.
    Not

Quote Originally Posted by seth View Post
    Aye it's real good fun pushing through wet rhododendrons on a cold day.
    Not
    We have over 30 beaters turn up at our little shoot. The majority do it for the fun and craic that goes with the day. We have ladies, kids, even some of the local drinkers at the pub turn out for the day to blow away a few cobwebs. We are one of the friendliest shoots in Yorkshire. We all mingle together, all have a sloe or a port together and have an end of season meal together with partners.

Beating is most definitely good fun on our wee shoot
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

I'm the complete opposite. I honestly thought I may suffer from 'Tropical Neurasthenia'.

From the BBC website, "At the start of the 20th Century, the British Establishment feared the sun, especially in warmer reaches of the Empire.

It was thought that bright sunlight - plus a generally hot and humid climate - could cause a condition known as tropical neurasthenia... The symptoms included fatigue, irritability, insanity and even death."

Apparantly Tropical Neurasthenia was all but forgotten by the mid twentieth century. However, when the rest of the UK are running around half naked thriving in our latest scorchio of a heatwave, I'm indoors trying to avoid it like the plague, lethargic, and as crabbit as a bag of cats, Tropical Neurasthenia surely can't be figment of the imagination? Can it?

I wonder if you can get Benefits for suffering from Tropical Neurasthenia? That would be an interesting conversation down at the Social Security office!!!

I am definately a winter person, although in saying that, we had days last year at the pheasant shoot where people were out in T-shirts. It could well have been mistaken for a grouse shoot in August. It was just weird!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast