Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Line advice for an 18ftr

hi guys , looking for advice , what are the best modern lines to get the best out of an 18 ft Bruce and walker Norway
    Thanks

What line rating and where do you intend using it silver salmo?.
    Pedro.

Hi rennie
    It's for Rome croy
    It's a 3 piece plus handle Norway rated 10/11

Know it well,fished there 30yrs almost!.Firstly,do you have any existing lines,secondly the Norway is quite a strong rod,it will need 11/12's at the least to get the best from it,12's and above in all honesty.You may well still find Wet Cel 2's in DT 40 yd 12 floating(oh pardon the pun!) about which is a good start,but any thing quicker these days is going to be a problem.As for modern lines the Guideline Triple D's in 11/12 should work ok,but you may well feel they're a bit short to get the best from your rod.
    A few guys are overheading Skagit lines there nowadays and simply sourcing tips to work with the line on the day/conditions-that way there's still a choice of tip sink rates to suit conditions and a good availability and choice!.
    Depending on what you want,you should still be able to source full lines in float,inty and medium sink to get you going,but if conditions demand a quicker line you'll need to do some thinking.
    Best thing I can suggest is to go down there and talk to people,most are cool and will help you out.
    Feel free to ask ,any time. glad to help if I can.
    Pedro.

Thanks for that rennie ,
    I've a guideline triple density in 11/12 uncut so I'll give that a try
    The skagit max long in 750 gr with 15 ft of t14 went through my mind ,so that might work as well
    Cheers