Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Change of name...

I don't think I'm being too grumpy but I received my latest copy of T&S today.

It should be called "Trout Magazine" as there is precious little "story" content in it for Salmon fishers. Very disappointed (to be honest I have been for a year now) so I probably won't renew after all of 50 years.

Like most things nowadays they are pandering to the masses.

Perhaps I am being grumpy after all!! Next week, when I empty the rivers of the Northeast of salmon and ST I'll be happier!!

Tight lines!!

Paul

Last three episodes have been very Pro-trout, that said the spring salmon copy had some cracking migratory content!

If you remove the adverts and out of date river reports you are not left with much value for your money.remove the trout element then you are left with no value for money.
    I keep on buying it and there are often some interesting garticles,fly recipes and product reviews but I wish there were more and better articles relating to Salmo salar.
    Time for an editorial rethink

Haven't been buying for the last year. I got fed up of it and their articles about tiny wee trout in little streams and a general increasing focus on trout. I know some people like this sort of thing so I'm not complaining, it's just not for me.

I agree that the past few months haven't been value for salmon fishers in the T&S . That said I don't mind a bit of trouting now & then so it's useful to me to se what tactics & tackle are being used. Only thing is there's so many adverts , again that's probably modern publishing no one can survive nowadays without money. Also it's a better read in December when you can't get out fishing, reminding you of the golden summer days !😁

I bought it for the first time in years, to read on the long flight to Florida a few weeks ago.

Spent more time reading duty free mag in the front pocket!!

Be honest everyone.

We are missing Compy's monthly analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Hengemaster View Post
    Be honest everyone.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Hengemaster View Post
    Be honest everyone.

Just cut and paste his old ones every month. That's what he did, so it seemed.

I think you are being unfair. There's a nice picture of a salmon on the front and you got to have cried a little when you read Jon Beers article. All proper fishermen have had a dog in their life (surely??).

Not sure about beginners boat fishing. Is there really anglers out there beginners or otherwise who would go out in a boat with no instruction or experienced help apart from an article in a fishing mag??? If they were stupid enough to do that they probably wouldn't take any notice of a mag article either!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast