Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ericht

Default Ericht

Anyone know anything much about the Ericht fishings - new this year to FP and seem to be putting up a lot of catches.

I'd be interested how things are organised - there seems to be 3 beats and generally there's always 9 rods available. Anyone know who else is fishing the beat other than the FP lets?

They fish the left bank from above the leap down to junction with isla.

The gillie is fishing it at the moment i believe as its very lightly booked.

Very water dependant so i assume thats the reason for not to many advance bookings...Worth a pop if there is water for sure...Fishes best around the foot mark....

Ericht Fishing | Fishing in Blairgowrie
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 10-08-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Default ericht

This must be a new beat taken over or you are wrong ,the blairgowrie association water goes from blairgowrie town water down to kitty swansons bridge, both banks almost ,then you had to get another ticket from the farm for the remaining section down to the isla .There was no ghillie on the association water when i fished it. I think the fish pal beat with ghillie is above blair
    Last edited by stormrook; 10-08-2015 at 08:45 PM.

No you are wrong...read the link..This was part of Blairgowrie club water and was sold 2 years ago.

Cheers

Default info

Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    No you are wrong...read the link..This was part of Blairgowrie club water and was sold 2 years ago.

Cheers
    This quote above is the correct information. It used to all be club water and has now been taken over by a private owner on the left bank. The Blairgowrie club still have the right bank. The lower half of the beat fishes best from the left bank and the middle bit from the right bank, so either side will do.

The river is fishing really well at present at this height of water and the price difference is for the ghillie service. Most of the water is pretty obvious, but fish the middle bit on a club ticket by parking at Tesco and the bottom bit by buying the ticket on fishpal.

My brother in law phoned me about this beat on Sat night. It is privately owned and currently lightly fished. One of his friends knows the new owner and had 4 on I think Thurs and another 6 on Sat. The fish were not large. He was a local Dunfermline lad and can get to the river quite quick. I understand he caught the 4 in one hour in the evening. I also heard he had a lot of fish on that came off. I guess the right water height is critical.

Default ericht

I stand corrected hairy ,i had a ticket on it for five years from the foot and mouth year ,great spring water but after that really relies on water and when you do get it they run like hell but can be had in the right places Surprised to hear the association lost the left bank it was probably the best side.

best of luck to you fishing a private beat opposite angling club water on a small river like the Ericht, don't lie in bed to long in the morning
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    My brother in law phoned me about this beat on Sat night. It is privately owned and currently lightly fished.
    The opposite bank will make up for that.
    As has been mentioned in an earlier post, get up early.

Just like any beat new to the market.
    Lightly fished by friends and family with loads of potential. Lol.
    “Some people take offense like it's a limited time offer.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast