Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pocket Radio

Default Pocket Radio

Can someone recommend a good pocket radio?....DAB or otherwise. Must have integral speaker as I hate earphones! I have a wee standard Sony, but reception is poor. Was thinking of one of those DAB jobs, but most are for earphone use only.

I have a dab radio and there ***** canny get ant reception in the house

A love listening to the football phone in/games when fishing not a fan of earfones either so listen to the downloadable apps on my phone on loudspeaker, kills your battery tho and then u catch a crackin brownie and can't take a photo! Would be interested in a good wee pocket radio too

I use my iPhone it's perfect great reception on the river
    THE KING OF SILVERS

The thing is most pocket size radios use the earphone wire as an ariel.
    I have a Pure pocket dab 1500. Cracking little radio kept me sane when I was litter picking.
    I walked miles listening to this,till the powers that be banned them saying it was dangerous working on the roads wearing earphones.
    Utter rubbish I could still hear traffic and you couldn't trust your ears alone.
    As you did not know how many vehicles there were behind you ,you had to look and see.
    You could connect one of these to a small speaker with a lead, there only the size of half a can of beer.
    The jam classic would be good as a speaker.and the lead would act as an ariel.

Tesco's own brand DAB/FM..... 20.00.

Bought one about a month ago for work. Takes 4 AA batteries but is also supplied with a mains/usb power lead. If you use it on DAB, it uses the batteries a lot quicker than FM but I have a 1/2 hour battery charger at home anyway so it doesn't make a lot of difference. It's only a single speaker radio but it has a lovely crisp sound, especially on DAB, which I use all the time to listen to 5 live.

Measures roughly 6"x4"x1.5"

I have no connection to Tescos
    Last edited by Sprintavoj; 27-07-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintavoj View Post
    Tesco's own brand DAB/FM..... 20.00.

Bought one about a month ago for work. Takes 4 AA batteries but is also supplied with a mains/usb power lead. If you use it on DAB, it uses the batteries a lot quicker than FM but I have a 1/2 hour battery charger at home anyway so it doesn't make a lot of difference. It's only a single speaker radio but it has a lovely crisp sound, especially on DAB, which I use all the time to listen to 5 live.

Measures roughly 6"x4"x1.5"

I have no connection to Tescos
    Well worth a try at 20 quid....might just pick one up when doing the weekly shop!....thanks for the heads up.

I also have the pure 1500 it works with a rechargeable battery pack it's a great wee radio but depending on where you are the reception can be hit and miss as Seth says you can plug it into a separate speaker I think there's a newer version 2500 certainly worth a look

Thanks chaps...