Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    central scotland
    Posts
    325

    Default 32lb loch Tay fish.?

    I heard that a 32lb Salmon had been caught and taken ??? on loch Tay the other day,I saw a photo of the huge fish .but have no further info.anybody else hear this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dumfriesshire
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    If it has been taken I would imagine that it is being kept very quiet. Self promotion that you have broken the law would not really be the best move.

  3. #3

    Default

    32lb fish...man thats somethin else...

    And I thought the 'no take before April' thing was more of a suggestion rather than a law, much in the same way stop signs are only suggestions?
    Heero just pawn in game of life.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own country) & Afrique
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    'Appen tha's bin flirtin' wi' Saffie a bit much 'Eero; tha's missed t'fact that t'Nazi's (OD definition sensu 1.2)'ve managed to mek it law...

    But back to the point - is there really anything to be gained from making such an accusation and rumour in the OP? Is it not better to await factual confirmation before stirring a hornet's nest
    "...hooking mortality is higher than you'd expect: further evidence that as a numbers game, catch-and-release fishing isn't always as straightforward as it seems"
    John Gierach


    Fed up of debating C&R - see Hidden Content

    Unless otherwise stated, data used in any graph/figure/table are Crown copyright, used with the permission of MSS and/or EA and/or ICES. MSS / EA / ICES are not responsible for interpretation of these data by third parties

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    central scotland
    Posts
    325

    Default

    If that was the case then you would probably never have heard about it.There are many possible avenues this story can take.The photo is out there, I have seen it.the hornets nest has been poked.Lets just see if anything comes of it.
    Last edited by flyman; 24-03-2015 at 02:35 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Balloch
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    I've seen the photo too and the fish looks alive to me - I was told it was 35b and it was the captors first salmon. Same fish?

    There was no possibility mentioned that the fish had been taken so I'm a bit surprised at the original post, as the chap that showed me the pic would be the first one to kick up a stink if it had been taken. The bailiffs and their bino's have been a regular presence on the loch this year and they haven't caught anyone taking a fish.

    Sounds like the rumour mill is in full swing.

    And the 'no take before April' isn't a recommendation, it's law. I think most people whether they agree with C&R or not recognise that its not worth the risk of being banned off the Tay system, potentially your own system and maybe suffering repercussions with your employer due being caught poaching, which is essentially what it boils down to.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clackmannan
    Posts
    3,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberwellie View Post
    I've seen the photo too and the fish looks alive to me - I was told it was 35b and it was the captors first salmon. Same fish?

    There was no possibility mentioned that the fish had been taken so I'm a bit surprised at the original post, as the chap that showed me the pic would be the first one to kick up a stink if it had been taken. The bailiffs and their bino's have been a regular presence on the loch this year and they haven't caught anyone taking a fish.

    Sounds like the rumour mill is in full swing.

    And the 'no take before April' isn't a recommendation, it's law. I think most people whether they agree with C&R or not recognise that its not worth the risk of being banned off the Tay system, potentially your own system and maybe suffering repercussions with your employer due being caught poaching, which is essentially what it boils down to.
    Jealous mongers stirring it,you would need to be Brazen to chap something that size in the open waters of Loch Tay with binocular eyes a peering.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    'Appen tha's bin flirtin' wi' Saffie a bit much 'Eero; tha's missed t'fact that t'Nazi's (OD definition sensu 1.2)'ve managed to mek it law...
    Beats the heck out of me what jer jawin bout. Reckon...whelp, reckon youns aint talkin no dang english ta me youns aint deservin none yerself.

    Now ta this here topic...reckon since youns havnt seed hide nor hair of no pitcher chancy taint no fish ta speak. A fellas fixin ta take a whuppin gossipin like some dang female.

    Ah knowed youns let the gubmint take yers guns, seems now youns aimin ta plum let em tell youns what ya cant eat. Ahd be havin fits abidin such commie pokes...
    Heero just pawn in game of life.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Morpeth, Northumberland
    Posts
    908

    Default

    I'm on the Spey last 2 days of April, first 2 days of May.....can someone enlighten me with this April rule? Is it just on the Tay system, or is it all Scottish rivers?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckynotgood View Post
    I'm on the Spey last 2 days of April, first 2 days of May.....can someone enlighten me with this April rule? Is it just on the Tay system, or is it all Scottish rivers?
    Up to end of March all salmon must be returned by law throughout scotland, from 1 April status quo ante.

    I have been asked to point out that in Esk district it is compulsory C&R till 30th April.
    Last edited by Loxie; 24-03-2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Innacuracy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •