Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you could choose....!

You arrive on a beat early spring, perfect clear fly water, overcast conditions, and are told you can only take three fly patterns for your days fishing and to leave the rest of your fly box in the car, Which three would you choose to give yourself the best chances?!..........

This scenario hasn't actually happened....
    Last edited by SnapT14; 22-03-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnapT14 View Post
    You arrive on a beat, perfect fly water, and are told you can only take three fly patterns for your days fishing and to leave your fly box in the car, Which ones would you choose to give yourself the best chances?!..........

This scenario hasn't actually happened....
    What's the time of year, conditions etc ?

Original post edited...... Valid questions.

Less haste required when creating posts.

Exclude the grey one at the front and the red devil, orange and black, and pinky at the back are all I pretty much fish in a season In different sizes and doubles.

dsc_0678-jpg

Silver Stoats Tail
    Willie Gunn
    Sunray Shadow

Way too many variables here...
    Heero just pawn in game of life.

Willie Gunn with a black body if its clear. Inch long plastic
    Willie Gunn with gold body if its peaty. inch long plastic
    Willie Gunn with either of above depending on water colour incase I lose first one.
    Then I'd take loose conehead in my pocket to add infront if sinktip not getting down enough.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Personally I have never had a fish on a pink fly in the UK although I have caught many fish on pink in Alaska and lots of stockies in local trout fisheries !
    Before I start tying a few ....obviously I cannot catch on a pink fly until I have one....am I to assume that pink works for you throughout the season ?

Park shrimp
    Willie gunn
    Dee monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmy View Post
    Personally I have never had a fish on a pink fly in the UK although I have caught many fish on pink in Alaska and lots of stockies in local trout fisheries !
    Before I start tying a few ....obviously I cannot catch on a pink fly until I have one....am I to assume that pink works for you throughout the season ?
    I have had fish on the Annan, nith and mainly the Clyde on the pinky. I would say that the most were back end fish coloured fish that seem to be aggressive for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast