Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Tyne this week

Default Tyne this week

Looking at Tyne catches on Fishpal, is that pool at the bottom of the fish pass stuffed with 20lb fish, or has the same poor ****** been caught everyday this week? Either way, that is a good week of quality fish for Bywell and Styford.

Got a couple of days myself this coming week.....my information is that there are a lot of good fish in the lower river
    Abdoocted by a Morris Dancing maniac.

I fished the opposite bank to Styford yesterday, river was absolutely bang on running gin clear. Water temp was 6.1 degrees so still a little cold for them to start running properly, although ive heard of a fish lost above the fish pass yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by boner View Post
    Got a couple of days myself this coming week.....my information is that there are a lot of good fish in the lower river
    Good luck with that....expect at least 2 x20lb+ fish at this rate .

I was on a work party the other day and a couple of guys were talking about the South Tyne,they say that some times the river can be as black as the ace of spades!whats the reason for that?is it caused by a particular tributary?

The Allen can put a fair bit colour into the mid reaches of the South Tyne, The North Tyne fairs worse peat stain from up above and all connect into the main river course.

Jasone

Quote Originally Posted by cullet View Post
    I was on a work party the other day and a couple of guys were talking about the South Tyne,they say that some times the river can be as black as the ace of spades!whats the reason for that?is it caused by a particular tributary?
    always assumed it was run off from peat?? So depends what area's have had the most rain, and what streams are then affected. Try the North Tyne...nice black water with the odd car sized boulder to keep things interesting.

awful lot of peat in the upper South Tyne catchment and the Alen can run very dirty if there is a thunderstorm in that part of the catchment-Ive been caught out a time or two with a thick clay colured river following heavy rain

The clay colour seems to me to have been more of a problem over the last three or four years. I think it must come from somewhere up the South Tyne as I suffer from it above the Allen confluence.

SP8

There was a landslide in the Slaggyford area season before last which put a lot of colour in the river at times - not so much of a problem last year but then again there was no water most of the time!
    "Go easy...step tight...stay free".