Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  91
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Could it be that everyone's happy....????

I cannot believe that on-one on here has commented on the Budget yesterday

I presume that everyone is happy at last!!!

Head down and running like hell.................................

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul White View Post

Paul
    Try Saff's policies thread. A bit on there.

just keeping my head down until May elections. The thought of voting for any of those insipid turds makes me feel quick nauseous. Will go Tory on the basis there are no better alternatives, and I can't be arsed to go though any "changes".

Default Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Paul White View Post

Paul
    Of course we are Paul. Didn't you know it's International Happy Day today? Have a look at the Google home page.

Default Turd

Quote Originally Posted by Luckynotgood View Post
    just keeping my head down until May elections. The thought of voting for any of those insipid turds makes me feel quick nauseous. Will go Tory on the basis there are no better alternatives, and I can't be arsed to go though any "changes".
    Plus we all know you can't polish a turd!

Even Ed Balls struggled to find much that he would reverse if Labour win the election. Mind you, that may be because there didn't seem to be much of real significance in the Budget - mostly tinkering.

As you say Charlie - mostly tinkering but the good news is that the 4% interest paid on my 10,000 pensioner bond will be paid gross.

Secondly non taxpayers with a bit of capital can fund a pension at 2,880 have it grossed up to 3,600 by HMRC and the whole fund can be taken as a tax free lump sum as long as the total income is below the tax threshold. Perfect for the non working spouse.

Thirdly I believe the insidious class 2 NI contribution levied on the self employed earning over 5,588 is to be scrapped.

Watched question time last night - the Will Self's of this world are on a different planet. If everybody earned a living wage which is way beyond the minimum wage then inflation would go through the roof. We would then end up with an inflationary spiral last witnessed in the 70's.

Most disingenuous of the left to let the electorate think all will be jam if they are returned.

Quote Originally Posted by tenet View Post
    Watched question time last night - the Will Self's of this world are on a different planet. If everybody earned a living wage which is way beyond the minimum wage then inflation would go through the roof. We would then end up with an inflationary spiral last witnessed in the 70's.

Tenet,
    You have come away with some surprising comments over the years. This, however, takes the biscuit.
    I long since stopped entering "political " topics like this on this forum, mainly due to the amount of ill-considered guff uttered by so many [ of all persuasions ]. You have tempted me now and not for the first time. However, I've now regained my composure [ and my senses ] and will not make further comment.
    I do make one plea to Paul's God - " Save us , please, from such conceited arrogance as espoused by your good servant, Tenet. " - and his ilk !
    T

Quote Originally Posted by Teither View Post
    Tenet,
    You have come away with some surprising comments over the years. This, however, takes the biscuit.
    I long since stopped entering "political " topics like this on this forum, mainly due to the amount of ill-considered guff uttered by so many [ of all persuasions ]. You have tempted me now and not for the first time. However, I've now regained my composure [ and my senses ] and will not make further comment.
    I do make one plea to Paul's God - " Save us , please, from such conceited arrogance as espoused by your good servant, Tenet. " - and his ilk !
    T
    I am flattered to think you have remembered some of my posts

I take it you won't be voting for the Conservatives.
    Last edited by tenet; 20-03-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenet View Post
    As you say Charlie - mostly tinkering but the good news is that the 4% interest paid on my 10,000 pensioner bond will be paid gross.

Secondly non taxpayers with a bit of capital can fund a pension at 2,880 have it grossed up to 3,600 by HMRC and the whole fund can be taken as a tax free lump sum as long as the total income is below the tax threshold. Perfect for the non working spouse.

Thirdly I believe the insidious class 2 NI contribution levied on the self employed earning over 5,588 is to be scrapped.

Most disingenuous of the left to let the electorate think all will be jam if they are returned.
    what a load of nonsense , so what your saying is that wages need to be kept super low otherwise inflation would go through the roof ? well i bet that theory suits a lot of minumum wage payers. ive never heard such nonsense !

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast