Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Poll: which reel

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    435

    Default Danielsson Control or Nautilus NV Spey

    Danielsson Control or Nautilus NV Spey

    Coming off another thread regarding reels..


    If you were heading off for the day which of the two would you prefer to have ?

    Never owned any of these and know nothing about them with the exception of what the adverts say..

    If i had to pick one i would opt for the Nautilus simply because the drag is supposed to be the dogs b@ll@*ks plus it looks real good..



    CORONA

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CORONA View Post
    Danielsson Control or Nautilus NV Spey

    Coming off another thread regarding reels..


    If you were heading off for the day which of the two would you prefer to have ?

    Never owned any of these and know nothing about them with the exception of what the adverts say..

    If i had to pick one i would opt for the Nautilus simply because the drag is supposed to be the dogs b@ll@*ks plus it looks real good..



    CORONA
    Both class reels but I would opt for the Control as you could buy two Daniellson's for the price of the Nautilus.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    East Kilbride, Scotland
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    I would go for the Nautilus, i bought a control , the drag did not return to its setting if playing a fish then releasing the handle , sent it back and got another,it was the same ,sent it to the factory ,it came back the same , returned it to the shop for a refund
    When in doubt...exaggerate !!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clackmannan
    Posts
    3,249

    Default When in Florida

    I asked the question to a couple of guides and they talked me out of the nautilaus.
    Nice looking but not a workhorse.
    They are good new but after a few tarpon you spend a lot if time working on them.
    Probably fine for our wee fish.
    I just felt the Danielsson was made to last,quality.
    Last edited by Denfield Bud; 19-03-2015 at 08:31 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylong View Post
    I would go for the Nautilus, i bought a control , the drag did not return to its setting if playing a fish then releasing the handle , sent it back and got another,it was the same ,sent it to the factory ,it came back the same , returned it to the shop for a refund
    I think we spoke about this on a previous post and didnt come to the answer. My Control 7Twelve has been faultless and landed Chinook to 30ld with no knuckle rapping and perfect drag operation when the fish decides to run again. Mystery.
    Last edited by bassfly; 19-03-2015 at 10:41 AM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Got the Nautilus NV spey, awesome reel
    "You wont catch a fish if your fly's not in the water" Herbie Symons Tamar legend

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cambridgeshire Fenland
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denfield Bud View Post
    They are good new but after a few tarpon you spend a lot if time working on them.
    Whats to work on ?? The drag is a sealed unit - you can't work on it ???

    Help me out here as I have an NV and a Giga 8 !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •