Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Hardy Swift Mk2 Reel

Hi guys,

Anyone tell me how to change over reel from right hand wind to left hand wind.
    I thought it was just a case of releasing the cir clip and turning round the wee triangular bit on the reel centre pin thingy.

No very good at explaining things me so, any explanation will have to be eejit proof.

Thanks for any help
    Bobby
    Last edited by bros; 17-03-2015 at 09:35 PM.

This for converting to right/left hand wind, so just follow these steps and the only difference is step No 5 regarding the R.

1.Remove spool
    2 .Turn the spool over so that the clutch retaining nut is visible
    3.Using your thumb and forefinger, remove the retaining nut by turning anti-clockwise
    4. The one way black clutch holder is now visible, remove this from the drum by rotating the drum 180 degrees. Place your palm underneath the clutch as you tilt the spool in order to catch the clutch,
    5. Turn the clutch holder through 180 degrees and replace it back in the spool housing. The end of the clutch unit with R showing upright and visible. so now you don't see the R in your case.
    6. Using your thumb and forefinger replace the retaining nut by turning clockwise.
    7. Replace the spool into the frame- your reel should be right hand wind.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the ditch View Post
    This for converting to right/left hand wind, so just follow these steps and the only difference is step No 5 regarding the R.

1.Remove spool
    2 .Turn the spool over so that the clutch retaining nut is visible
    3.Using your thumb and forefinger, remove the retaining nut by turning anti-clockwise
    4. The one way black clutch holder is now visible, remove this from the drum by rotating the drum 180 degrees. Place your palm underneath the clutch as you tilt the spool in order to catch the clutch,
    5. Turn the clutch holder through 180 degrees and replace it back in the spool housing. The end of the clutch unit with R showing upright and visible. so now you don't see the R in your case.
    6. Using your thumb and forefinger replace the retaining nut by turning clockwise.
    7. Replace the spool into the frame- your reel should be right hand wind.
    Superb, thanks very much
    Bobby

Thumbs up Job done

Thanks, job done easy peasy

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by bros View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone tell me how to change over reel from right hand wind to left hand wind.
    I thought it was just a case of releasing the cir clip and turning round the wee triangular bit on the reel centre pin thingy.

No very good at explaining things me so, any explanation will have to be eejit proof.

Thanks for any help
    Bobby
    hello bros.
    did you sell the wrong real??

Quote Originally Posted by angusfisher View Post
    hello bros.
    did you sell the wrong real??
    No, just wanted the smaller reel for my 13' rod the 1025 was just a tad to heavy for it.
    They are good reels mind you.
    I already have the marquis for my 14' rod