Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grantown off the mark!

I see from the grantown assosation website that the first fresh fish of the season was caught a fresh 7lb fish, well done to its captor and with it being caught weeks earlier than previous hopefully it's a sign of better prospects for the Spey this season

Default Roll On June

Let's hope for an improved run this year on the Spey. Fishing Grantown first week in June & it's always a delight to fish & have a natter with the locals who are nearly always ready to part with a bit of local knowledge. A Smallish silver stoats is a decent banker of a fly up there & the ever reliable Cascade for me. Oh then some beer & a Chinese !

We are on there Monday 22nd for a week, so leave some for us!!

Quote Originally Posted by doubletaper View Post
    Let's hope for an improved run this year on the Spey. Fishing Grantown first week in June & it's always a delight to fish & have a natter with the locals who are nearly always ready to part with a bit of local knowledge. A Smallish silver stoats is a decent banker of a fly up there & the ever reliable Cascade for me. Oh then some beer & a Chinese !
    good luck for june hope your not banking on your Chinese from grantown because as far as I am aware its now closed

Quote Originally Posted by fishingtommy View Post
    good luck for june hope your not banking on your Chinese from grantown because as far as I am aware its now closed
    That's it then!! Not going now, how are we supposed to eat?

Default Looks Like Aviemore Then

Hope that Chinese hasn't closed otherwise it's Aviemore for a Madras ! What fly/Flies & sizes do you folks recommend for the sea Trout? I think if you get a fish & a Pull you can say you've had a good week but I still enjoy just being in that lovely part of the world. ( never seems to get much rain does it end of May early June? ) Heres hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    That's it then!! Not going now, how are we supposed to eat?
    You could show off your culinary skills sir.
    Bill Cook

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    how are we supposed to eat?
    Salmon, Sea Troot and Broons on the menu then.
    Bill Cook

very true always seems to be lack of rain, however this gives you the option as you say of the sea trout at night. best flies ive found are the traditionals such as Alexandra, silver Invicta, dunkelds ect. im sure however the ever helpful locals will point you in the right direction

Default First Sea-Trout Hopefully

Cheers for that Tommy ! Starting to look forward to my trip this year and my one ambition this year is to get a sea trout out in the gloaming on fly. After my Madras and Lager of coarse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast