Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Giant taimen

Default Giant taimen

fishing season will soon begin In Russia, not only for salmon, but also for giant taimen. Siberian taimen grows to gigantic size. Here are a few pictures of the autumn trip to the river Tugur. My good friend fly fisherman Andrew has provided these photos. Head alloy Oleg is an old and constant Chavanga Fish partner . But in spite of all our experience, to fish taimen on the fly is not easy. It is possible that one of the reasons - a mixed composition of the groups when fly fisherman and spinningists fish together.
    In my opinion the group consisting of only fly fishermen is more likely to catch large taimen stable. Otherwise, spinningists win all the trophies .
    Attached Images Attached Images 5-jpg 4-jpg 7-jpg 3-jpg 6-jpg 8-jpg 10-jpg 12-jpg 9-jpg 2-jpg 1-jpg 

"Taimen". Is that the correct name for the fish in English. In Finnish language "taimen" means trout. Those are not trout anyway.

There big buggers would be nice to get a hold of one of them

A think that some of thum are kelts

Actually taimens weighing about 10 kg are called childrens.
    Last edited by Basyl; 09-03-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Stunning fish well done catching one, seen a program River Monsters with Jeremy Wade catching one on the fly such a fight,but very hard going.

Richard

Awesome looking fish. We are blessed at having some wonderful fish species but I do look with a slight envy at some other countries fish and think wouldn't it be great to have some of those too.
    Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by let them all go View Post
    Awesome looking fish. We are blessed at having some wonderful fish species but I do look with a slight envy at some other countries fish and think wouldn't it be great to have some of those too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Perhaps the Environment Agency could be persuaded to start a Taimen hatchery...