Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Tweedside Walk

Default Tweedside Walk

We decided to take the grandkids and one of their friends a walk down the Sustran Cycle/Riverside walk from Cardrona to Innerleithen yesterday.

Although this cracking asphalt laid path goes from Peebles to Innerleithen in this section, we decided to do the shorter 3 mile section with the kids in tow.

So a few pictures of the river during the walk, which was up about the 3ft mark.

img_3976-jpg
    Looking up from the new Bridge completed 2013 and sits at the head the Glenmoriston Beat.
    img_3978-jpg
    Looking down towards the fishing hut.
    img_3980-jpg
    The New Bridge.
    img_3981-jpg
    Looking up the river at one of the better trout pools.

After the walk to Innerleithen we went into a well known Hotel that a few on here will have stayed when fishing the River, and had a decent enough meal. Except for a leg of a beetle found in my Grand daughters meal. I was jet black and about 7-8mm in overall length.
    I reckon it was from this baby below.
    beetle-jpg
    It certainly looked very much like a leg from it lol and they are pretty common.
    Apart from that, a pleasant walk back up on a lovely route that we will travel again, when the weather is better and the trout are rising. Although I can't see my wife waiting on my casting to a rising troot while out for a walk lol.

Looks lovely.

I had a mournful moment last night when the dude was in bed. We'd been out for rainbow trout: who will I play with when he's all grown up? You've cheered me up: with any luck, the grandkids.

Beetle not so lovely. That's some leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Beetle not so lovely. That's some leg.
    ....there's more protein in the wing
    Elibank

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Looks lovely.

I had a mournful moment last night when the dude was in bed. We'd been out for rainbow trout: who will I play with when he's all grown up? You've cheered me up: with any luck, the grandkids.
    Be prepared for the Cost aspect Dee!!

Beautiful. That tweed valley is one of my soul soothers, a great place to escape to. I bet Beetle legs are a delicacy in some places, not Innerleithen tho.
    How many springers did you count steaming through the margins???

Quote Originally Posted by martymo View Post
    Beautiful. That tweed valley is one of my soul soothers, a great place to escape to. I bet Beetle legs are a delicacy in some places, not Innerleithen tho.
    How many springers did you count steaming through the margins???
    Only saw Ducks and Goosanders.

I love the tweed valley, only a few minutes from my home.

I believe scientists were trying to cross that type of beetle with a chicken. It means that everyone gets a leg.
    Last edited by AlanT; 09-03-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Be prepared for the Cost aspect Dee!!
    Ah, I'll be a squillionaire by then. They'll be fishing on my bit of river, we'll eat beetle's legs prepared by the finest chefs in the land.

Probably.