Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Best eyes for 9ft single hander

I am looking to replace the eyes on a 9 foot single hander, and this will be a first for me.

Looking for info on the best ones out there.

Thanks.

Have a look on guides and blanks website . They sell lots of different types..
    fugi anti tangle stripping guides ,cant remember the name off hand ,followed by Single leg snakes are a good option. Lined single legs are quite heavy and will slow the action of the blank so aren't really any good.

Quote Originally Posted by stew1 View Post
    I am looking to replace the eyes on a 9 foot single hander, and this will be a first for me.

Looking for info on the best ones out there.

Thanks.
    Depends on what you intend using it for Peter. If it's for dry flee etc..then use a fuji on the bottom 2 and snakes on the rest.

If it's for stab flee, wid flee, bramble etc..in the white water then a full set of fuji as they tend to stop the gut sticking to the blank when the rod is wet. Snakes are no use for this method.

Rule of thumb......gut, use fuji......fly line, 2 fuji and the rest snakes.
    Last edited by kenny007; 06-03-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you donít try :o

Thanks for the replies.

The rod is a wychwood sharpshooter which I would not part for anything on the market today.A very fast action which suits my style of casting and can handle any sink rate line with ease.It took me a brand new cortland blue to find out that the eyes had worn away !!! Bye bye cortland blue.

It would be for the lochs, so the two fuji rings then snakes seem to be the one.