Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default C + F Design Tube Fly Box

I have been looking for quite a while for a decent tube fly box. I have bought and tried a number of tube fly boxes and I have never really been happy with any of them. At long last I have the box that is everything I wanted in one. A decent size tube fly box, this one measures 105mm x 155mm x 40mm, 5 partitions, WATERPROOF, and really good quality as all C + F items are. A bit dear but you only get what you pay for most of the time. Here is the link where I bought mine from.

C & F Design Medium 2-Row Waterproof Tube Fly Case with 5 Compartments -CF-2405H | eBay
    Last edited by Torrish; 05-03-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    Fish where there is most fish and you are 90% there to becoming a successful angler.

Nice box, I have a nice snowbee box with 5 tube compartment on one side and dressed flies on the other however i'm looking for a box that can keep frances and snaeldas in without ruining the feelers, currently the feelers get trapped between the compartments and get kinked and snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Shrimp View Post
    Nice box, I have a nice snowbee box with 5 tube compartment on one side and dressed flies on the other however i'm looking for a box that can keep frances and snaeldas in without ruining the feelers, currently the feelers get trapped between the compartments and get kinked and snapped.
    Store the flies in a length of kids drinking straw then in the box, that'll protect the feelers and keep your fly in good condition. Someone posted the idea on here before with pictures.

C&F box looks good but ouch for us at 49.99
    To one who has roved on the mountains afar
    Oh! For the crags that are wild and magestic
    The steep frowning glories of dark Lochnagar.

C + F do some nice stuff I've got the smaller one with three compartments one side and the other for hook/flies, I tend to use it more than any other box I could fancy one of these though.

Jasone

Quote Originally Posted by kgm View Post
    Store the flies in a length of kids drinking straw then in the box, that'll protect the feelers and keep your fly in good condition. Someone posted the idea on here before with pictures.
    Thanks for the reminder , Kenny.

I think that a good tube fly box is like a Unicorn.
    Mythical.

ps Watch out for the hinges on your box , Alex.
    Last edited by ibm59; 05-03-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Hobby craft 6" x 4"
    You can alter the size o the compartments to your needs.
    Nae bad for Thirty Bob

Bill Cook

Quote Originally Posted by kgm View Post

C&F box looks good but ouch for us at 49.99
    That's a great idea. Not sure the Francis / Snaelda type bodies would fit, but a fab way to keep a sunray or two in ones pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    That's a great idea. Not sure the Francis / Snaelda type bodies would fit, but a fab way to keep a sunray or two in ones pocket!
    You get different widths of straws

It was Alex who posted the original now that I have found it again http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/fo...ead102880.html
    To one who has roved on the mountains afar
    Oh! For the crags that are wild and magestic
    The steep frowning glories of dark Lochnagar.

I'm trying a coarse fishing rig wallet. Even the C&F one I've got (pretty good) doesn't stop the flies falling (being blown) into the water when you try and change the fly mid-river!

Default Irideus Tube fly box

Has anyone had any dealings with Irideus Tube Fly Boxes?

Irideus Tribute Tube Fly Box
    Last edited by Denfield Bud; 10-04-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast