Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Replacment tip ring

Anyone point me in the direction where I could have a tip ring replaced on a hardy Marksman spinning rod, don't fancy attempting it myself.

Cheers

Matty

so easy matt , buy the ring and some heat glue [its only pennies] heat the old eye up with a lighter and pull it of with pliers heat your glue up smear on the end of the rod and slide the new eye over , leave to cool and thats it all done

Quote Originally Posted by speycaster View Post
    so easy matt , buy the ring and some heat glue [its only pennies] heat the old eye up with a lighter and pull it of with pliers heat your glue up smear on the end of the rod and slide the new eye over , leave to cool and thats it all done
    It looks like its whipped on, Ive done the heatglue on other rods in the past but this looks different. Unleess the have just whipped up close for cosmetic affect.

thats wat it will be how old is the rod they havent whipped tied end eyes for years mate

My Demon spinning rod needs the same!! Hardy factory quoted me £50 for the job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    My Demon spinning rod needs the same!! Hardy factory quoted me £50 for the job!!!
    Then Hardy are at it big time. Should cost no more than about £6.00 plus the guide cost if a new one needed. I do dozens each year probably less than 15-20 minutes if some new thread needed, ( excluding varnish time in the dryers.)

Fully rebuilt a Hardy Marksman a few weeks back, it was a double leg tip guide which does require to be wrapped on with thread. If doing it your self (not difficult) cut the hot melt into small slivers and put them in the tube of the tip. Just putting on the rod, most of it rubs off. Heat the tube up, position and aligne. Cools in less than a minute then the thread work.
    Last edited by Bonito; 04-03-2015 at 04:51 PM.

As said really easy. The whipping is just cosmetics. I shave a little glue stick so piece will fit inside the new ring. Then heat the ring while holding in forceps then slide over rod tip and in secs it cools and job done.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus