Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Why did Andrew Thin come to the conclusions that he did for the Wild Fisheries Review

Mr Andrew Thin has recently been stating the case and his conclusions of the Wild Fisheries Review to the Scottish Government, which are evident on other threads of this forum, in the form of videos or meeting notes, and many of his words used are said to be very much incorrect or misleading which could lead to many problems in Scotland.

The River Tweed thread for example highlights many of the inconsistencies or inaccuracies he has stated.

For Mr Thin to have come up with the conclusions he has, he must have got his information from somewhere or from certain organisations when he carried out the consultations?

So, the big questions are:

1) who fed him the information in order for him to reach his conclusions?

2) is it the case that he chose to ignore what many of the organisations said?

3) did some of the organisations not make their case and take part in the consultation and are now regretting it?

4) who was involved in the consultation - is there a list? (did the ADSFB or other district salmon fishery boards take part for example)?
    Last edited by Gamekeeper; 04-03-2015 at 09:59 AM.

I have a feeling that the conclusions may have been concluded prior to the investigation.
    It is just an inconvenient truth that the evidence wasn't correct.
    Why else appoint someone like Andrew Thin to carry out the job.

Cheers

Mows

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    I have a feeling that the conclusions may have been concluded prior to the investigation.
    It is just an inconvenient truth that the evidence wasn't correct.
    Why else appoint someone like Andrew Thin to carry out the job.

Cheers

Mows
    Bang on mows
    I suspect there is someone else behind the scenes giving him all the answers and told him what would be in the review.
    He is a mere puppet is Mr thin. Paid well to take the flak for a good pay day so the real person behind it can never be found
    Last edited by Noodles; 04-03-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Apparently, his career path has been mapped out by his wish to work part-time so he can spend more time with his family

Board Member
    Elibank

I suspect there is indeed a hidden agenda.
    I also think the anglers and some of the "movers and shakers" of the angling world have pressurised for the C & R part of it which will IMHO soon become seasonal, despite minimal evidence etc.

Theres obviously a hard on for DSFB cos in general I think they work well. Why do things have to be centralised with someone so remote of the "coal face" that they are irrelevant to it. It seems a common factor in most industries these days. the folk doing the job are not allowe to get on with the job!?!?!?!?!?!?

Scottish government should just tell the nets to get tae. . . .end of!!!! Using the anglers in the scatter gun approach is just currying favour. We do hee haw in comparison to the nets, especially given the high net catch for the limite dnumbers of stations now working!!!!!

There's more:

http://www.chscotland.gov.uk/media/5...ndrew-Thin.pdf

Nice work if you can get it
    Elibank

Nicola Sturgeon=Joseph Stalin+Muggie thatcher.

Worrying times for sporting estates and river boards.

I reckon perhaps the Chuckle Brothers (a likely first choice) were busy with panto season at the time this was set up

Default Conclusions

First and foremost, Andrew Thin is a civil servant, a breed with which I am deeply familiar.

When a civil servant conducts such an inquiry, there are 3 golden rules:

1. First and throughout, be clear as to the political perceptions, inclinations and intentions of the Ministers involved. The words and 'catch-phrases' used in this report make those very obvious. There is a strong social agenda here (remember the line of the Land Reform Report).

2. Consult widely and listen politely to everyone, including the marginal but noisy. Even if you take no notice, you can still claim to have conducted the widest possible consultation. In addition, if your Minister is politically opposed to 'vested interests', diminish the weight of their evidence accordingly, no matter how expert.

3. In reaching your conclusions and recommendations, give an overall 'line', but you must leave your Minister the maximum 'wiggle room' for the execution, to allow space for negotiation and compromise. Avoid specific language: it should be an impressionist painting, not a blueprint. Never nail your Minister to a single option with no alternative - there's always another way.

He's done his job well and followed the 3 golden rules. We should not be surprised that we don't like the product. Now the politics begins: to paraphrase a well known American saying: "don't get mad, get organised in order to get even". And don't let visibly vested interests lead the campaign.

To my cyclical mind the decisions were arrived at before the review was started. The favours given to the fish farmers should have made that clear to all.
    Watch past copy's of Yes Minister and you will get nearer the truth.
    Bob

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast