Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crisis on Lochlane & Laggan

Fishery manager on Lochlane & Laggan beat on the Earn has been made redundant, season rods have been told they can no longer fish there, what next?
    Following the recent AGM the management company running the beat came up with the idea that nobody needs to manage the fishing. The season rods, most of whom have been fishing the beat for over 20yrs and contribute to the majority of the yearly catches were told they couldn't fish there anymore. The board and remaining timeshares obviously don't realise that the value of there fishing will now drop significantly. Looks like things on this beat are on a downward spiral. No thought about a mans livelihood.
    Last edited by blackie; 03-03-2015 at 10:28 PM.

looks like free fishing for all then . sorry to hear about john ?

He's been well and truly shafted!!

so what no one is looking after the fishings ? hes been there as long as i can remember i hope they paid him off well !

There's nobody there at all, so looks like free fishing for one and all.
    He's been working there for at least 15 yrs. The management company were very devious and intimidating on how they went about paying him off.

Default Bad Karma

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    He's been working there for at least 15 yrs. The management company were very devious and intimidating on how they went about paying him off.
    I've known for a while that John was on a 90 day consultation period but never thought that they would actually follow through on the threat.
    Seriously bad news for all who fish at L & L , not only yourself and Big Pat but I would imagine many of the owners. Worst of all for John though who I consider a good pal of mine. He put his heart and soul into improving everything related to the beat as well as the greater good of the Earn itself.
    I know he, along with yourself, Pat and other willing helpers built the new huts , he simply lived for the water.
    I.M.O. it's a really bad decision for the management to take as it's a high maintenance beat, someone will have to be on top of invasives or it will get overgrown quickly and overrun with poachers.
    I'm really puzzled about this. Why????????
    Last edited by keirstream; 03-03-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Respect My Authorita!!

A sign of things to come.?

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    blackie ,dont know you but had some good days with john and very sad to hear your news .yes i can imagine it will be well poached ,whatever are they thinking ?

That sounds terrible. I only fished it for the first time in October last year and found John to be a super guy. What a sad shame for a beautiful bit of water.

Default Reia agm

The management have been at several Reia agm's in the past.
    I hope they are available to answer some important questions regarding keeping on top of maintenance and spraying of invasives.
    There has been burn clearance work on the Glascorrie burn which enters into Lochlane&laggan beat.Also proposed burn clearance work on the Lennock burn.
    It will certainly make a mockery of John's outstanding commitment to his beat and the Earn as a whole if the beat is left to its own devices, becoming overgrown.
    Last edited by Denfield Bud; 04-03-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast