Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The other side of salmon fishing in Russia.

Not so long ago, I had to re-discuss the shipping options for anglers fishing grounds. There is always taken into account several factors-distance, time and price. Here, a variety of combinations, sometimes quite unexpected. For example - the helicopter is not necessarily the fastest way to deliver anglers to the river. But I would like to draw your attention to the other side of the road from the airport to the river. In an effort to reduce travel time, we lose the opportunity to see the beautiful of this wild land, untouched nature and rich historical and cultural background that surrounds us in the Russian north.

I will try to illustrate this point by publishing a series of photos about the nature, history and traditions of the area and the local population.

Love to see the tubes these came off!
    maybe they used a heavy skagit kit!

Last edited by Cookie-boy; 02-03-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Nice pictures keep them coming. looks a hard way off life.
    FLOW GENTLY SWEET AFTON

Great pictures, do you live on the Kola Peninsula, or do you just go to fish ?

Vasil is a good angler,

he does not only catch small ones and he's a wonderfull cook too,

he can cater for any nationality, even Italians,

and on demand he can be the court jester as well,

but above all, he's a dear friend to me. Thank you, Vasil, for all those memorable days in your company. See you soon!
    firefly

I always found from my 6 years and more in Russia to find that the russians I met and knew were some of the best people I have ever met, great fun and very well read. Unfortunately I was there for work and never had the time to venture north to the Kola.

G

Thanks, Johan!!

Of course, something you can see from the window of the helicopter. But the interesting thing is still happening on the ground, right next to us. Here, I posted some photos of the trucks, which sometimes have to travel on the Kola Peninsula in search of good salmon rivers . And sometimes adventure happen on the road. Flying a helicopter is not stored in memory, These adventures we remain in the memory for many years.

Last edited by Basyl; 05-03-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Ah, I love that little tank!

And the joy it brings you, wherever it takes you!
    firefly

Default Local fishing

Fishing on the coast of the White Sea has changed dramatically in recent years. Now the commercial fishing of salmon at sea is prohibited. The scope and intensity of fishing on the sea can be seen in the remains of boats and ships. Were the ruins of the collective farm buildings, factories and accessories for harvesting salmon, herring. Now the government is allowed coastal fishing in the shallows and seasonal special salmon fishing nets - traps. Local fishermen used to live the old houses, which were built 40 to 60 years ago. Sometimes the network is not used according to the rules and block the of salmon run into the river. In the photo you can see the mouth of the river Chapoma, partitioned networks. Locals sometimes engaged in recreational fishing. Usually they use the old spinning with metal lures , sometimes they use fly with heavy float.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1-jpg img_9390-jpg Изображение-118-jpg img_9389-jpg img_9387-jpg dsc_3231_новый-размер-jpg Изображение-220-jpg Пулонга-2008-097-jpg dsc_2606_новый-размер-jpg sever-2009-1-164-jpg kola2008_08_pawel0187-jpg img_1660-jpg img_1654-jpg dsc_3357_новый-размер-jpg 23-jpg dsc_2560_новый-размер-jpg 12-jpg 1800-jpg varzuga-shore-kozumen-had-large-number-derelict-boats-russians-tend-very-sup-jpg Изображение-102-jpg kola-ru-174-jpg img_1560-jpg dsc00155-jpg dsc_3314_новый-размер-jpg dsc_3270_новый-размер-jpg img_1662-jpg img_1558-jpg dsc_3360_новый-размер-jpg 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast