Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mackenzie G2 Multi tip 9/10

Looking to pair one of these with my Mackenzie 14ft classic.

Anyone use this line and if so what are you thoughts. I have been told on good authority that the 42grm shooting head mackenzie goes a bomb with the rod but I would like the versatility of the Multi tip.

All advice greatly received.

chris

i use the rio tracker and have also owned the g2 muti tip and much prefer the way the rio line cast . the g2 head are fantastic and cast really well and carry polyleaders well. i suppose if you have never cast the tracker then you have nothing to compare it too. and would say nowt wrong with the g2 multi tip. just i prefer my tracker

I too prefer the Tracker, or the Rio scandi versitip.

me didnt like the g2 multi tip ,it went back next day
    When in doubt...exaggerate !!

Default Mackenzie G2 Multi tip 9/10

had a bit of a look at the RIO Tracker as suggested now would I be better going for the 9/10 but it is only 38 gram or would I be better looking at the 10/11 which is 42 Grams.
    I have been told that the 14ft Mackenzie classic does throw a 42gram shooting head better !!

i would say the 38g rio for the 14ftr , i used that on my swift and they have similar actions
    When in doubt...exaggerate !!

I had the 14' original Mackenzie and the 38g AFS Tracker was the best match for it for me.

Default Rio AFS Tracker

Is this line still available or has it been superceded with another line the versi tip perhaps ??

Default Rio AFS Tracker

Okay had a bit look at the Rio Lines with the 15ft tips.Is the tracker discontinued ?? whats the replacement

I think the Tracker has been discontinued and its replacement is the scandi versitip which is every bit as good.

If you already have proper 15' TIPS, not polys, you could just buy a Rio Scandi body and use your own tips on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast