Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Lets Ask BBC Countryfile why..

Following on from Badgercourts thread
    BBC's Countryfile BETRAYS the countryside | Daily Mail Online
    Should we as field sportsmen ask the BBC and its Countryfile producers why the programme only caters for the masses and refuses to address the real countryside issues that have a detremental impact on the countryside.
    Why doesn't it show and celebrate the real countryside and its people by shedding more light on fishing,shooting,stalking and hunting.
    Why doesn't it show the real countryside people at work.The people who contribute the most to its upkeep and management.Gamekeepers,river keepers,ghillies,stalkers,sporting estate workers and owners.
    Email them on the address below and ask them why they don't show the real countryside and face up to the real countryside issues.
    We want to see and hear more about our interests and sports so why don't we??

countryfile@bbc.co.uk

Dear Countryfile
    As a fieldsportsman why don't I see anything on the Countryfile programme that addresses actual fieldsports?
    Why do you make a programme that only caters for the masses and refuse to show the real countryside issues and the people that work in the countryside like gamekeepers,ghillies and stalkers?
    Why doesn't the programme ever highlight angling,shooting,stalking and hunting and promote its work and show it in a good light instead of pandering and yielding to the antis and the people who want to put a stop to fieldsports in their entirety.
    As licence payers we want to see more that represents our interests and issues.
    When is this going to start??
    Last edited by simon grace; 24-02-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Why don't you invite them to spend some time with you?

I don't mean you particularly. Though you do have good biscuits.

But there must be gamekeepers and riverkeepers on here - or people with access to them. I know there are ghillies. Anglers all over the shop.

From what I can gather, proper country folk are dismissive of the BBC's work. Why should they portray you in a positive light?

Open your doors. Offer to take a crew fishing for the day, or follow a keeper, or join a shoot, or something. You want the other side of the story telling? Offer to help them tell it.

Why don't you just do what alot of us do up here in Scotland simon ? Don't watch BBC peado funding television . Don't pay peado license fees either .

Excellent Simon

I've written to the BBC/Countryfile/MP's (local & National)/RSPCA/RSPB/Telegraph, and guess what, I have NEVER had one single reply.

The only acknowledgement I've ever had re country issues, was the Telegraph printing my letter in 2000 re the debacle that was the F&M crisis!! Oh, and The CA always acknowledge but that's preaching to the converted isn't it?

Makes yer blood boil!

Paul
    Last edited by Paul White; 24-02-2015 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Wrong date for F&M crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Why don't you invite them to spend some time with you?

I don't mean you particularly. Though you do have good biscuits.

But there must be gamekeepers and riverkeepers on here - or people with access to them. I know there are ghillies. Anglers all over the shop.

From what I can gather, proper country folk are dismissive of the BBC's work. Why should they portray you in a positive light?

Open your doors. Offer to take a crew fishing for the day, or follow a keeper, or join a shoot, or something. You want the other side of the story telling? Offer to help them tell it.
    Done that, been there, got the T shirt as they say!

All you get from the media is " Your point of view is not mainstream enough", or some such fob-off!

My sister has a lot of contacts in the media etc and she offered my services on a programme CH4 were going to do about the "Real Countryside" but the prog got shelved through lack of "resources"....bet they've got enough "resources" for banal and diabolical programmes like Big Brother etc!!

Maybe, some day, someone will have our interests at heart instead of endless bloody football!!

Rant over (but I feel better!!)........going to watch the barn owl!!!

Paul
    Last edited by Paul White; 24-02-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Yep, that's the problem. True country pursuits don't suit the folk sat in Leeds or Birmingham when they're trying to eat their ready meals in front of the Tele. Seeing someone clean a fish or gut a deer would not go down well at all. You wouldn't even get all creatures great and small air now a days.

Even folk i work with who croft are shocked at the idea of skinning a critter for fly tying. If the zombie apocalypse does come about there will be a lot of hungry squimish folk about who wouldn't have the first clue on what to do with a pheasant or chicken. Never mind rabbits.
    Last edited by Piker20; 24-02-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Good post Simon

Anybody remember Jacks Game on Channel 4 in the 80's whats the chance of ever seeing programmes like that again?

Quote Originally Posted by badgercourt View Post
    Good post Simon

Anybody remember Jacks Game on Channel 4 in the 80's whats the chance of ever seeing programmes like that again?
    Zilch!!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DOON ROD View Post
    Why don't you just do what alot of us do up here in Scotland simon ? Don't watch BBC peado funding television . Don't pay peado license fees either .
    How can you get away without paying for a tv licence?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberwellie View Post
    How can you get away without paying for a tv licence?
    Easy . And there is plenty information online to advise you . See - active resistance against tv licensing . I had enough with the BBC funding peadofiles and their biased reporting in the referendum .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast