Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16

Default taymount tommorow

tackle sorted and ready for another trip to fish taymount the morra,cmon the salmon

tight lines lads
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

Good luck hope you do well.

Quote Originally Posted by longchuck View Post
    tackle sorted and ready for another trip to fish taymount the morra,cmon the salmon
    Tackle sorted u mean the malts in the bag. good luck tommy
    Last edited by glen afton; 23-02-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    FLOW GENTLY SWEET AFTON

Best remember any fresh fish you land the forum demands a scale sample, dna from the lucky rod, photo of the weigh scales, photo of a small child next to fish for comparison and the signature in blood of the ghillie who landed it.

Hope you bag a stonker.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Sadly nowt fresh landed yesterday.I had a baggot of around the 12_13 mark that looked and faught like this years model.my boat partner Angela had a kelt..
    One of my guests Robert hooked a fresh fish at the last minute from the linn bank.the line went slack and he thought it had got off,when he reeled in the fish was still there and took of down the rapids in to the beat below burnmouth.
    Conn the ghillie and Robert got in to the boat to follow the fish as they both thought it was a big fish.when they went out in the boat it was realised Conn had lifted the fuel tank out the boat,engine cut out and away down the rapids in to burn mouth went them and the boat.
    After a great battle and the fish close to the net they realised it was hooked in the tail and was around the 10lb mark and a spanking bar of silver.
    Sadly the fish made a final lunge when nearly netted and was off.
    Withno fuel tank they had to get a loan of one from geordie the burn mouth ghillie to get back up in to the taymount beat.
    For those that have not fished the linn pool before it is an extremely dangerous place to fish.90ft at its deepest point and the largest volume of water coming over a falls in Europe supposedly.
    Watching them trying to get up the rapids with a 5 horse 4 stroke Yamaha was a sight to behold.
    They made it safe and sound.
    Monty pythons springs to mind.
    As an afterthought a boat that wasn't tethered correct in the linn got loose and went down the rapids and hit one of the large boulders and was smashed to bits and lost.yesterdays scenario could have been much worse if not for the know how of the ghillie
    Last edited by longchuck; 25-02-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Cracking read tam just read this after a long nite shift .the image of them chasing a fish -a due tank made me laugh sounds like a good day pal

Great read! I will get on the Linn pool hopefully very soon, it sounds like such an atmospheric place to fish!

Great story bud,enjoyed reading that

good to hear that things never turned out for the worse ,cracking laugh though ,glad i werent in that boat