Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Early Sea Trout

Default Early Sea Trout

Surprising number of sea trout being caught and seen on east coast rivers. I know that both the North and south Esk have reported sea trout being caught as well as the river Almond in Edinburgh. Not normal at this time of year and not sure if its a good sign or not?

G

Thats interesting, Im going up to Mull middle of next month, I am taking the rod so we will see what transpires heres hoping
    If You want to test the depth of water...... dont use both feet!!Hidden Content

Noted also ( although the wee buggers have avoided my flees to date)! Pert had a spanking 3lber on opening day....!

Like you, one hopes this is the return of the seatrout to the east coast. If they're getting good feeding it may indicate that our outgoing smolts may find decent grub to help them on their way.

Fingers crossed!!!!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Sea trout numbers exploded on east coast over last two seasons ...clear differential with salmon numbers ...one being migrational and the other primarily coastal feeders ?

Default Sea-trout

Think you can't keep them just now, in Scotland at least. Tay restrictions apply to sea-trout as well as salmon.