Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Salmologic Rod Warranty

Since there has been a fair bit of interest in this new product launch I took a look over the website this afternoon, I found this bit in their warranty section which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmologic
    The warranty is null and void if you exceed the recommended line rating for the rod

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Since there has been a fair bit of interest in this new product launch I took a look over the website this afternoon, I found this bit in their warranty section which is interesting.
    how would they enforce it unless they are stood by your side on the river checking which line you had on the rod
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

Sage are pretty good with warranties, but I bet if I told them I had a ten weight line on my 6wt they would come back with a similar reply.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Won't trouble me then

Quote Originally Posted by smokie999 View Post
    how would they enforce it unless they are stood by your side on the river checking which line you had on the rod
    The rods have an accelerometer and a chip in them that sends an sms to Henrik when they are overloaded. You are in diffs if caught.
    What to do? Stay green.
    Never mind the machine,
    Whose fuel is human souls
    Live large, man, and dream small.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie999 View Post
    there's a stat dec on the warranty card

Last edited by ozzyian; 20-02-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: added a smiley for those who thought I was serious

Ah well, won't be buying one of those then
    What a nonsense, it's like saying you can't single Spey a skagit line

Quote Originally Posted by bros View Post
    What a nonsense, it's like saying you can't single Spey a skagit line
    Exactly, or like saying you can't overhead cast a skagit.

Or stick on a 10ft fast sinking poly tip!

not many will get the same load on their rod from the recommended line weight as HM, leaving a real need for most to add a line weight above(always thought this # was a recommendation on the rods and not the law)and indeed sustained anchor casts,ie double spey and c or snap t benefit from a heavier line!! sounds like hes not only selling a set up but insisting on a certain casting style as well!!
    would like a wee go on one with the recommended line on just to see what HM sees
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast