Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Default Competition Idea

Hey up Guys

Anyone out there interested in entering a competition ?

ABSOLUTELY FREE to enter with a chance of winning 25 or maybe more ?

Ok Hopefuly we can get a few members on board to make it work ie easky,, Springer and maybe even AM angling to boost the prize fund..

its just an idea for now lets see if we can get some interest..

So lets call it ""COPY CAT"" all you gotta do is tie ONE fly thats it ! ! what could simpler ? tie ONE fly and win ALLLLLLL THE FLIES plus at least 25 (thats were i come in)..

Its all about trying to improve your Fly tying skills,, for that very reason easky has already said he wont enter it to give us all a chance (he just doesnt know it yet lol)..

Anyways easky will submit a Fly of his choice with a nice clear picture up here on the forum,,it could be a Allys Cascade, A Mickey Finn, Allys Shrimp who knows, and all you have to do is ""COPY IT"" thats it ONE fly..

After your fly is tied we need to get a good clear photo so that everyones fly will be seen in the same light ,,if someone out there would like to Volunteer their photography services that would be great,, we could post the fly to them, they can then take a photo and post it on the forum ready to be judged by ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS..

So lets say for arguments sake that easky picks a "Mickey Finn" and puts a photo of his up on the fourm

Anyone that enters will simply tie a COPY CAT version of a Mickey Finn and post if off to be photographed and judged by everyone..whoever wins the Competition will win ALL THE FLIES,,plus i will personally donate 25 and if AM Angling would like to jump on board (Go on Fellas) and round it up til a nice even 30 then i will give them the money, they can donate a voucher to the value of 30 to purchase whatever you like form their great web site or visit the shop and everyones a winner..with a little participation the forum members get to, test/show off their tying skills,they also get in return for their effort a few pounds worth of tackle, be it a nice cape,a fly line,part purchase towards a new reel they were after etc etc, AM Angling gets a little trade from the members, we all get a bit of craic and a laugh and its a win win situation all round,the best part is IT WON`T COST YOU A PENNY !

Couldnt be more simpler than that eh a possible 30 sheets and a bunch of flies for maybe a half an hours work and it costs NOTHING to enter..

We can iron out all the final details as we go along provided there is enough interest,,if we only get 5 people then you`ve got a better chance to win who knows ? Springer might even donate a free days fishing on the Tay to boost intrest,,, ok ok maybe not

let me know what yous all think..

CORONA

Have you been drinking?

Like the basic idea but you are only looking at a very small percentage of members participating.
    Wouldn't it be better if you came up with something that all members could participate in if they choose.
    A vast majority of members don't tie there own flies.

Quote Originally Posted by CORONA View Post
    let me know what yous all think..

CORONA
    I think you should have contacted me by PM to discuss this first before launching it with the misleading title you did. Im up for the idea of friendly forum competitions but someone has to do the hard works and also there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

Default Competition Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I think you should have contacted me by PM to discuss this first before launching it with the misleading title you did. Im up for the idea of friendly forum competitions but someone has to do the hard works and also there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.
    That idea went down well then. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by longchuck View Post
    Like the basic idea but you are only looking at a very small percentage of members participating.
    Wouldn't it be better if you came up with something that all members could participate in if they choose.
    A vast majority of members don't tie there own flies.
    Well there are Fly swaps every month aren`t there ? so that excludes alot of people too..

This is meant to attract people who may feel daunted at tying 10 flies for a fly swap and therefore decide not to participate but would like to have a go at something a little more within their reach in that they only have to tie ONE fly. Also to encourage people that dont tie "to have a go" you never know they might just like it, we all start somewhere..

If it doesn`t generate any interest fair enough no harm done..

CORONA

Competitions are a good idea. What about a forum sweep? Total number of salmon caught (recorded on fish pal) for each month of the year?

Cost to enter 5 salmon flies sent to Springer along with your guess. Winner takes all the flies?
    Last edited by Big Ben; 20-02-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Cost to enter 5 salmon flies sent to Springer along with your guess. Winner takes all the flies?
    I'm sure he will be delighted to manage this for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Competitions are a good idea. What about a forum sweep? Total number of salmon caught (recorded on fish pal) for each month of the year?

You trust springer, 5 flies, say 20 members, 100flees
    Last edited by Noodles; 20-02-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strathglass View Post
    I'm sure he will be delighted to manage this for you...
    Not a big job. Chuck em in a box. Separate the entries. Check Fish Pal end of month and announce it. Send winner flies
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!