Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Grayling tomorrow

Blowing off the cobwebs tomorrow with a trip to the Annan for some grayling. Fishing Applegarth. Anybody fished here before? Will be Czech nymphing mainly but as this is my first grayling trip, do they respond to wet fly? I know that Czech nymphing can become tiresome. Will give the dry a go too but not expecting much from that. Any advice much appreciated, will try to post some photos tomorrow

It's going to be cold and windy tomorrow Granters, so stick with a heavy weighted nymph / heavier wet pattern. Let it trot down, if you feel the bottom, you're doing it right. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Altmor.

PS - I'll be back in the office

cheers Altmor, don't mention the "w" word, i'm back Monday

Good luck and tight lines. Please take photos...and don't be tempted to tie on a Cascade

haha, no chance Sloggi. Just spent 4 hours tyig up some wee weighted nymphs. Averaging one every half hour or so. Totally forgot how hard they were to tie. Have the camera at the ready

Don't forget to pack a few dry flies too. I spent a couple hours New Year's Eve catching them on a reg tag down here on the River Avon so keep your eyes out for a rise, between say 11 and 2pm if there are any flies about. I know it's colder up there in the far frozen north (I saw a paper boy wearing shorts at 7am this monring it's so balmy down south) but you never know...