Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Diawa signature 12ft line choice

Evening all. Have recently got my hands on a diawa signature 12ft #8. Wondering if anyone can advise a suited line to accompany it

Rio SSVT #8 or #9 (or just the head), or if you want an integrated running line Rio AFS Outbound # 8/9 would be my choice. I use them on #8 rated rods.

Paul

Eyeball, I have had this rod for 4 years now and tried a couple of lines on it and found for myself at least.....

Hardy mach 55f #8 - ok, not great, if timing is off a bit it's hard to get a line out.

Scierra PWF #9 - rubbish, wouldn't cast properly, don't know why, rod didn't feel loaded.

Orvis 55 multi tip #8 (similar to a Rio Windcutter I think) - about the same as the Mach 55.

Rio AFS - the best by far. very acceptable, but some way off the best #8 weights I've tried.

The signature is an extremely light rod - as you'll have noticed - and it's nice to use something so light. It's best to think of it as an alternative to a single hander rather than a proper DH.

If you find another line that works well, I'd be v. interested because as it is I only use mine for small river/low water stuff due to the limitations.

Default diawa signature line choice

Hi, might i suggest the snowbee spey lines 8/9. cheers fishingpip.

Thanks for the replies paul, oozy and pip. Having spoken to a friend who has one he uses the Mach 55 9 sink tip and like the combination. I have also heard snowbee 1d being combined. I shall wait and see. Thanks again

I have tried the snowbee 1d 8/9 which is ok. Not brilliant. Mach 55 in a 9 is about the best I think. John Norris shooting head is next on the list to try. Will keep you posted

Paul