Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default single barbless hooks for tube flies

any recomendations for single barbless hooks for salmon tube flys. i am looking for strong short hooks that can handle large fish .... i have used daichi x510 steelhead/tube hooks in the past which were nice . has any one tried the partridge stb patriot barbless salmon hooks .... and if so what are your taughts on them.and were can you buy them ?. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nore fly View Post
    any recomendations for single barbless hooks for salmon tube flys. i am looking for strong short hooks that can handle large fish .... i have used daichi x510 steelhead/tube hooks in the past which were nice . has any one tried the partridge stb patriot barbless salmon hooks .... and if so what are your taughts on them.and were can you buy them ?. thanks
    korda barbless wide gape

Have a look at Glasgow Angling Centre Sakuma Chinu hooks. Small barb easily crimped down and nice shape.

Skjern

Try Nash Fang Gaper - available in both barbless and micro barb. Been using these for a few years now, recommend!
    In the moment, of the meantime.......

Quote Originally Posted by nore fly View Post
    Can I ask why you prefer them over doubles ?

E.S.P Raptor T-6 Barbless for me, use them in Russia and at home when the river is full of leaves.

ESP Carpgear
    I'm not Fat........... I'm just easy to see!!!

Have alook at the kamasan carp range of hooks. They do a barbless but I use the barbed and crimp it as it is a micro barb, I use the standards and x heavy gauge, inexpensive, good value and reliable.

As said above. Carp fishing hooks are way to go. Never going to straighten on you and lots cheaper if you choose kamasan or drennan. The korda and fox ones will be more but still spot on.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Another vote for carp hooks. Strong and cheap. How I like my drinks (and women!)

Quote Originally Posted by happy days View Post
    Can I ask why you prefer them over doubles ?
    Not allowed doubles on c&r rivers in ireland. Otherwise I would prefer double/ trebles.
    Thanks for all the recommendations, and keep posting Any other hooks?
    Last edited by nore fly; 19-02-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast