Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default An Observation...

Just a thought...

It appears that many on the forum (like me) have a classic case of pre-season tetchiness.
    I suspect like many people the winter is beginning to fade and we are all desperate to get out there and fish. Like many people I haven't managed a day yet and the anticipation is almost unbearable.
    In recent threads we have argued about C&R, fish stocks (already..?) catch returns (so last season), the quality of new kit, elitism, Marxism, fish stocks, casting methods/practise/do you or don't you etc etc.
    Whilst I enjoy a debate as much as the next man and am nervously sticking my head above the parapet might I humbly suggest that we live and let live and go fishing - its the only thing that will scratch the itch and we will all chill out a bit!
    We also might be able to talk about stocks, new casting methods, new kit purchased over the winter, new flies tied etc etc with a bit of experience as opposed to compy bashing!
    Tight lines. I don't care if its a canal, I have to get out there and there's always a chance.

Top day for a cast. Not seen anyone out though.

I've been to the supermarket shopping,going to make a Sheherds Pie now for tomorrows tea and I'm back to work tomorrow after 8 days off,AND I STILL HAVEN'T WET A LINE.Not that its making me tetchy or grouchy at all,****,****,etc. etc. etc. and its a nice day too!
    Pedro.

The nearest I've been to a river these last five days was yesterday evening , sat in the Founders Arms on the south bank , and staring across at a very prettily illuminated St Paul's cathedral.
    Nice view , astoundingly shocking prices.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    The nearest I've been to a river these last five days was yesterday evening , sat in the Founders Arms on the south bank , and staring across at a very prettily illuminated St Paul's cathedral.
    Nice view , astoundingly shocking prices.
    Yeh they have risen a lot since you last bought a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Yeh they have risen a lot since you last bought a pint.
    How many times do I have to tell you that beer is for girls and small boys who can't hold their drink , Victor?
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill