Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default River Nairn Accommodation

A friend of mine has a cottage on the banks of the River Nairn which she's thinking of letting to fishermen as its currently sitting empty, I don't know which part of the river it's on.

Does anybody know anywhere that she could advertise it?

Hi she could ask the narin angling association if they could put something on their website ,they are trying hard to encourage visiting anglers to the narin which has to be one of the most scenic rivers in Scotland and very cheap to fish . It is also a very short drive to a host of other fine rivers in the area .
    Cheers Patrick

Good idea Patrick, I'll pass that on.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rubberwellie View Post
    A friend of mine has a cottage on the banks of the River Nairn which she's thinking of letting to fishermen as its currently sitting empty, I don't know which part of the river it's on.

Does anybody know anywhere that she could advertise it?
    Hi - theres a shop in Nairn High st that sells permits - Pat Frasers - might be worth a punt?

Had a cracking few days there back end 3/4 years ago -stuffed with fish -plenty water to choose from on Association and private beats. Needs water obviously but no reason why it wouldnt come (relatively) good again.
    Zn

I emailed the Nairn Angling Association but they couldn't really help as they don't have any water as far up as my friends cottage. It's a 5 min drive from the Kessock bridge on Nairnside near a place called Daviot. Does anyone know which beat that would be on?

Hi to the best of my knowledge most of the beats are private my mate has the fishing on nairnside which is probably the best beat on the nairn and keeps it for himself there is also a police syndicate up near Daviot, I think inverness angling may have some fishing further up but im not sure, clava lodges has some good fishing but they rent there own lodges, the The water bailiff name is Alistair if you want to give him a phone he could be of more help 07825554808, he is a very nice guy and very helpful. I no the area attracts a lot of tourists, walker's ect in the summer you may be better going down the holiday maker route
    Hope this helps patrick

Hi Patrick, very helpful post. Thanks!

Just found out earlier that the beat is let to a syndicate so letting the cottage to fishermen will be out of the question but walkers and tourists may be possible as you say.

Cheers!