Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Infected Escapees Found In River

I came across an interesting article on the Intrafish site today concerning infected escaped farmed salmon .

It seems that the Norwegian Institute of Marine Research are reporting that escaped , virally infected , farmed salmon were found in a river which discharges into the Hardangerfjord . The escape took place in 2012 and the fish were found as the result of a survey shortly after.

You do have to wonder what is swilling around out there ...................

Another article was musing about further development of aquaculture in Norway actually taking place onshore or within closed containment systems.

Meanwhile ScotGov have their collective heads in the sand................

I've not provided a link to these articles , just browse intrafish but you will have to register in order to read them.

As a follow on it seems the news reach across the pond and this article gives a bit of info.
    Norway's fjords flooded with escaped, diseased farmed fish -The Common Sense CanadianThe Common Sense Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    As a follow on it seems the news reach across the pond and this article gives a bit of info.
    Norway's fjords flooded with escaped, diseased farmed fish -The Common Sense CanadianThe Common Sense Canadian
    Bassfly
    It was not the article to which I referred but something most likely every bit as bad. I suspect these occurrences are more commonplace than you may expect and many may never come to light.
    It really is a filthy business .....I wonder how he that shall remain seedless would dress up these instances ! Oh , of course , ........ it does not happen in Scotland !