Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Angry Waders damaging clothing

I'm now on my second pair of Simms waders, and although they are undeniably great quality, I have a real issue with them damaging any clothing that is worm underneath them. I bought the Simms Primaloft jacket and first time out, the stitching on the inside of the braces buckle plucked the jacket on both sides of the chest. Same happened to a fleece I wore underneath too. OK, I guess it doesn't seem such a big deal, but I do actually wear these tops for when I go for a beer & they are now looking a pretty scruffy. I paid 100+ for the Primaloft & about 60 for the fleece, so that's a fair wedge of cash for a couple of jackets that were damaged first time out.

Simms are not in the slightest interested and said that it was a trade off & most anglers will take that on the chin! Has anyone else experienced similar or has anyone any tips for any suitable tape etc that could cover the offending area? Like I said, it may not seem such a big deal, but it has p***ed me off!!

Cheers & tight lines,

Ian
    THE TUG IS THE DRUG!!

try gorilla tape or something similar over the stitching you must have one of the good pairs made with extra strong stitching and also waterproof
    Last edited by auldsalmon; 14-02-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by auldsalmon View Post
    try gorilla tape or something similar over the stitching you must have one of the good pairs made with extra strong stitching and also waterproof
    Thanks Auldsalmon Gorilla Tape could be good!!
    THE TUG IS THE DRUG!!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAWY View Post
    I'm now on my second pair of Simms waders, and although they are undeniably great quality, I have a real issue with them damaging any clothing that is worm underneath them. I bought the Simms Primaloft jacket and first time out, the stitching on the inside of the braces buckle plucked the jacket on both sides of the chest. Same happened to a fleece I wore underneath too. OK, I guess it doesn't seem such a big deal, but I do actually wear these tops for when I go for a beer & they are now looking a pretty scruffy. I paid 100+ for the Primaloft & about 60 for the fleece, so that's a fair wedge of cash for a couple of jackets that were damaged first time out.

Simms are not in the slightest interested and said that it was a trade off & most anglers will take that on the chin! Has anyone else experienced similar or has anyone any tips for any suitable tape etc that could cover the offending area? Like I said, it may not seem such a big deal, but it has p***ed me off!!

Cheers & tight lines,

Ian
    I'd be annoyed about that too. You pay premium prices on the expectation that the stuff is well designed and does the job. All sorts of brand name fishing clothes/waders/boots are pretty poor really.

Welcome to the "I Love Simm's" fan club Shawy of which I am president and founding member.
    Pedro.

Apply aquasure to the stitching to make it smooth?