Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default how not to do it.??

I don't think I would have put this on U-Tube.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...85970519,d.ZGU

Flyman

OMG !! Proudly displaying kelts that have been handled badly and tossed back in doesn't make good viewing !! You're right should never have been near YouTube!!

hopefully lessons will be learned!!
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

one of the worst fish handling I've seen in a while ,i would be embaresed to show that to 3yr old never mind the public

To be fair the old boy lifting the fish by it's tail is clearly struggling with a steep and frosty banking.

Before the lynch mob gets into full flow I think the person that posted the clip is a videographer first and foremost so probably didn't know there was anything wrong before putting the video into the public domain....

On a brighter note, water was looking good in the Boat Pool and at least there are a few kelts there so maybe they'll help stop a few springers!

I've seen worse.....
    What I can't understand is why you would want to take a picture of a Kelt as a trophy fish. Surely you want to get her back in the water and handle as little as possible.
    Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

Default education

well I hope that the salmon have the same as a human because they will need to see a chiropractor to sort out the vertebrae,s not nice to see there are plenty of videos on how to return fish safely 😞🎏

Spinning for kelts, and that is what they are doing, is poor form in my opinion. Aberlour association water?

The first fish was handled badly.
    I know it is thin and lost a lot of weight but holding it up by the tail is bad practice, but should we really jump on the poor old guy all guns blazing,
    A little education is all that is required. A few pointers in the right direction.
    Iv lifted a kelt by the tail in my younger less experienced years, but I was taught it was not good for the fish,
    Personally for me as soon as I get a kelt anywhere near the bank I set my rod down, get my bum on the bank and haul it in by hand and never take it out the water, forceps out, fly out without any need to touch it.sometimes it's not always managable on steep banks for the older anglers

Noodles, every one of the fishermen in that video has been round the block a few times and then some. Ignorance is not really a justifiable excuse whatever their age.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast