Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default British Coluimbia July 2008

Taking a family holiday next July travelling from Vancouver to Calgery and would like to take a days salmon or summer s/head flyfishing either in river or salt. Anyone had personal experience of this?

Any advice would be welcome.

Alan

Hi Flyangler68blue,
    I did the same trip as yourself a year or two ago,and it was amazing,for fishing you have many rivers to choose from,mainly the Fraser River or some of it's tributries,i'm not sure which salmon will be running when your over there, but it's just an amazing country,for more info on the fishing the best thing to do is to get in touch with he guide that i used when i was there his name is Rick Baerg and he is a great guy and an excellant guide,he also runs the Flyfish BC forum in Canada,if you give him a buzz i'm sure he wil be able to help you,the fishing is only a small part of your trip,in this part of the world,you are going to see some of the most beautiful scenery on this planet going through the Rockies,the whole trip will be truely breath taking,
    I wish you well

Default British Columbia July 2008

Hi Flyangler68blue,
    I have travelled to BC fishing 21 times in the last four years and would echo what spey shadow has said, Rick is your man for fishing the Fraser.
    If you have'nt yet booked your flights i would fly into Calgary and out of Vancouver, less time flying over, and a night flight on the way back, having done the trip so many times, if you need any questions about car hire ect just ask, see if i can help.
    Gordon.

Thumbs up For excellent 'who, what, where, when here are two boards.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/

http://speypages.com/speyclave/

Very large percentage of the above board posters live in BC or Washington State. All shall be reveled... if you ask.

"Spey Shadow", Gordon, and Fred:

thanks for replying so quickly. Information sounds good and I am looking forward to fishing and the family trip. Will contact guide recommended and promise to let you know how I get on, but hopefully will have tightened the line at home before then.

Regards

Alan

Last part of that's a "Good Plan A" Alan.

Also take a peek here: http://www.fishbc.com/

lenssportfishing.com

Thanks again Fred and Bruce. I have sent an email to Rick. There is so much information it is hard to distinguish.

Alan

Talking

As you start pulling out your credit card/writing Cheques ... it will become very clear. Only good part is the exchange rate will still be about 2 x 1.

PM Sent!