Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How about this, Mods?

Would it be appropriate to suggest a section on this forum where members could recommend accommodation? Fishing the Dee near Drumoak last week, I stayed in a very comfortable, roomy, dog-friendly B & B last week called "Belskavie Croft" just about a mile east of Drum Castle, on the north side of the road. Super breakfast, a gentle, kindly landlady. 50. I'll be back.

We dined in "Mama Mia" in Banchory, about 30 yards from the Orvis shop towards the traffic lights. Excellent value for money.
    Last edited by Invermarnoch; 02-04-2019 at 02:54 AM.

If there were expressed a substantial amount of interest in a sub forum focused on "Lodging and food for the Fisherman" I wouldn't know why there could not be a sub forum created.

I would think it would be good inserted into the Lounge threads, what say you?

Sounds a good idea as quite often people ask for places to stay when fishing certain beats.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I was just having a look about the Lounge forum, would a sticky at the top of that forum be satisfactory?

+1 vote !!

OK then, I'll run this up the food chain and see if you can't get a separate sub forum rather than a Sticky. I can see the value in this for all of you traveling around the UK. to fish different rivers.

Of course if this gets done we'll want to keep it positive by posting about the good experiences and not as a complaints forum.....

The things I say, you'd think I'd been around forums for years wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I was just having a look about the Lounge forum, would a sticky at the top of that forum be satisfactory?
    Personally I would to hate to stay anywhere which was sticky, you would hope the cleaners would do better.

I tried to start a similar thread a few years ago on pub grub recommendations. It got messy to navigate, who wants to read through dozens of pages to try and find something in the particular areayour visiting (only to find theres nothing there)

Great Pub Grub - Recommendations

Its still a good idea, my only suggestion is to put the area, nearest town etc in the title of each post made in the thread. Ie Invermarnoch, the title of your post could be 'Banchory'. Makes it easier to search if your looking at a particular area
    Last edited by AlanT; 02-04-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanT View Post
    I tried to start a similar thread a few years ago on pub grub recommendations. It got messy to navigate, who wants to read through dozens of pages to try and find something in the particular areayour visiting (only to find theres nothing there)

Great Pub Grub - Recommendations

Its still a good idea, my only suggestion is to put the area, nearest town etc in the title of each post made in the thread. Ie Invermarnoch, the title of your post could be 'Banchory'. Makes it easier to search if your looking at a particular area
    If we had this as a sub forum then each persons entry would be a separate topic. Once I considered the top down stack nature of a sticky thread I could see that would be a mess.

It would probably be handy to have a single 'sticky' at the top of such a forum like Posting Guidelines to try getting people to make proper titles to their threads as you have mentioned.

Another thing I can do Allen is to go to your old post and migrate it to this new list when formed. I have sent my suggestion that this sub forum be formed to other administrators so we have consensus rather than me making a unilateral move and creating the forum.

I like the idea.

Why not start a thread in each River thread and make it a sticky that way you could find recommendations relevant to the area?
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast