Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12

Default Dyeing to meet You

Folks,

I've had this idea rattling around in my head for a while now... every year I take the dye pots out around now. Dye up a load of materials. A dozen pieces or so. Not many, just enough to pass an afternoon and get some inspiration to tye..

I'll do this 6 times or so between now and June..

What I always find is I'm often left with a bit left in dye bath for more material.. I usually leave it in the pot to use later but I'm always washing it out weeks later unused... it's a bit of waste of dye to be honest..

So to use it up, I'm thinking, if a post in this thread before hand to ask for say I plan to dye X Y Z at the weekend.

Then 1or 2 members to post odd bits they'd like dipped in whatever I plan to do or a colour not too far away would be of interest to anyone??

Only cost to you, will be postage to me and back to yourself by way of you sending a SAE with postage paid...

Oh, and a flee or 3 if I like the results too obviously

I know I'm not alone in dyeing at home so anyone else that wants to get involved. Please do!
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

great idea m8 I have a part used JC Cape I'd happily send you if you are doing anything bright or hot orange
    happy to send a couple flees in return👍
    Last edited by wormo; 03-02-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    we pass this way but once ............

Quote Originally Posted by wormo View Post
    great idea m8 I have a part used JC Cape I'd happily send you if you are doing anything bright or hot orange
    happy to send a couple flees in return👍

Great Wormo!

Now I know when I'm doing a batch of orange, I'll give you a bell to post the Cape

My last orange looked like this?

fb_img_1580750240989-jpg

I was going for fiery orange
    Last edited by FaughanPurple; 03-02-2020 at 06:18 PM.

That orange is fantastic FP that cape would look great in my box , I'm going to give dyeing a shot myself this year so will probably send a few pm's for some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    That orange is fantastic FP that cape would look great in my box , I'm going to give dyeing a shot myself this year so will probably send a few pm's for some advice
    Cheers LV10 👍

Ask away, I'll certainly try and help where I can..

20200208_160240-jpg

After seeing Jockie's Fast Eddie. I took a notion to do something Green, so it was Chartreuse today...

Loads left if you've anything white or it could go towards olive or H Green with a bit of blue
    Last edited by FaughanPurple; 08-02-2020 at 05:15 PM.

That's a nice looking hot orange. Your a man who seems to know what you are doing. I have a problem, I'm trying to get my hands on some burnt orange hackles or a cape but its a colour few seem to know little about. Would you be able to offer any advise as to what colour cape would be best and how a nice burnt orange shade can be achieved like you would have on the faughan shrimp. Peter O'Reilly claims in his book that the orange shade is most important, obviously the fish must agree.
    GOB

Depends Gob. Last Burnt Orange I did turned out like this

fb_img_1582484029939-jpg

fb_img_1582484020192-jpg
    Last edited by FaughanPurple; 23-02-2020 at 07:58 PM.